[Q] Wired bug after installing new google camera app

OP TomaHawk93

17th April 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
More
Hi,

After installing today the new google camera app from play store I noticed that it does not show as installed on play store but it was. So I decided to run uninstall all updates of the camera app with the settings. After the next reboot my phone showed me that I have to sign in to my google account (like on the first boot), so I did it. I checked the accounts on the settings menu and noticed that all accounts was cleared even my wifi settings. Now I wanted to delete this buggy camera app and restore it with a zip file, so I booted into recovery and noticed that cwm can't mount E (my SD Card).

It is the first time something like this happened to me. Do I have to be worried about my phone?

Phone details:
Nexus 5 with root with unlocked boot loader
Cyanogen mod 11 m5
17th April 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,828

27,427 posts
can you save stuff to your storage?
17th April 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

can you save stuff to your storage?

I made a photo and it got saved, I also copied some files with astro and it also worked.
17th April 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,427 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomaHawk93

I made a photo and it got saved, I also copied some files with astro and it also worked.

ok, then youre not as bad off as i was fearing. first, if you dont want the new camera app, go to the phones main settings, apps, find the camera app, open it and press uninstall update. the issue with your recovery is different, ive seen many people with that issue these past few weeks, honestly i dont know how its solved, but people have solved it. id go to the thread for your recovery and ask about it there.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:

ok, then youre not as bad off as i was fearing. first, if you dont want the new camera app, go to the phones main settings, apps, find the camera app, open it and press uninstall update. the issue with your recovery is different, ive seen many people with that issue these past few weeks, honestly i dont know how its solved, but people have solved it. id go to the thread for your recovery and ask about it there.

My English is not the best, but (like I wrote in my first post) uninstalling the update caused this problem. Any idea how something like this is possible?
17th April 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,427 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomaHawk93

My English is not the best, but (like I wrote in my first post) uninstalling the update caused this problem. Any idea how something like this is possible?

it didnt "cause" the problem, it was just coincidence. installing/uninstalling apps have nothing to do with the recovery, nothing. the "cwm can't mount E" is a very common issue though.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:

it didnt "cause" the problem, it was just coincidence. installing/uninstalling apps have nothing to do with the recovery, nothing. the "cwm can't mount E" is a very common issue though.

Thank you very much for you help I will start to setup all accounts again and hope that this will not happen again
18th April 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

62 posts
More
UPDATE: I turned my Phone on today and checked CWM again, and the "Can't mount...." Bug was gone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread