Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 46,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charger - which one?

Tip us?

MidnightDevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 808
Default Wireless charger - which one?

Hi,
So, I'm one of the 'few' users which the USB connector on my nexus became loose to the point where doesn't charge anymore. One of the connectors inside broke (shorter then the others), I tried to fix another connector (successfully) but I can't do much about the broken one.
With this I'm left with 3 alternatives.

Send to RMA, logical, but would take at least two months since I'd have to send it to UK (was bought there) and I don't wanna be that long without it.

Order a USB connector and mount it myself. I'm actually considering this... But moving on...

Order a wireless charger, this seems the most fast option to get it charging. Now choosing this option leaves me with some questions. Considering that the official wireless charger is way more expensive than those QI ones, I checked the specifications and seems like the mA/output between QI chargers and official wireless is the same, so, do they take the same amount of time charging? Will I have any issues with another brand (considering it should work on nexus) ? Any big pratical differences between official / other brands if the technical specifications are the same?

Someone care to shed a light on this matter?

Thank you so much in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD
Mobile: Google Nexus 5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 Wii

Be tolerant and use Good & Common HTC Sense! :P.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Don't post just to increase your post count, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information.
MD

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1896
I use a choetech qi charger. It works perfectly. Charging time is a little longer, but it works awesome

sent from my Paranoid HAMMERHEAD
The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Since charge faster than others. Some get hot, ie the tylt. I use the Nokia dt900 chargers. They are cheap, charge fast, don't get hot, and just work great.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 651
Well if the USB connecter doesn't work you really should get it replaced, not just work around it by getting a Qi Wireless Charger.

How will you ever use fastboot and adb?

Anyways, it doesn't matter what charger you get and the price tag attached to it, as long as they adhere to the standards they should all charge at the same speed and should last the same amount of time. Better to get a cheaper one and save a few bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

theodorebal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Check out the RAVPower wireless chargers. Have one of the round-shaped models, works perfectly with Nexus 5.