Wireless charger - which one?

14th June 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 847

2,233 posts
More
Hi,
So, I'm one of the 'few' users which the USB connector on my nexus became loose to the point where doesn't charge anymore. One of the connectors inside broke (shorter then the others), I tried to fix another connector (successfully) but I can't do much about the broken one.
With this I'm left with 3 alternatives.

Send to RMA, logical, but would take at least two months since I'd have to send it to UK (was bought there) and I don't wanna be that long without it.

Order a USB connector and mount it myself. I'm actually considering this... But moving on...

Order a wireless charger, this seems the most fast option to get it charging. Now choosing this option leaves me with some questions. Considering that the official wireless charger is way more expensive than those QI ones, I checked the specifications and seems like the mA/output between QI chargers and official wireless is the same, so, do they take the same amount of time charging? Will I have any issues with another brand (considering it should work on nexus) ? Any big pratical differences between official / other brands if the technical specifications are the same?

Someone care to shed a light on this matter?

Thank you so much in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th June 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag HENDERSONVILLE
Thanks Meter: 1,952

3,226 posts
More
I use a choetech qi charger. It works perfectly. Charging time is a little longer, but it works awesome

sent from my Paranoid HAMMERHEAD
The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 82

195 posts
More
Since charge faster than others. Some get hot, ie the tylt. I use the Nokia dt900 chargers. They are cheap, charge fast, don't get hot, and just work great.
14th June 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 1,720

3,031 posts
More
Well if the USB connecter doesn't work you really should get it replaced, not just work around it by getting a Qi Wireless Charger.

How will you ever use fastboot and adb?

Anyways, it doesn't matter what charger you get and the price tag attached to it, as long as they adhere to the standards they should all charge at the same speed and should last the same amount of time. Better to get a cheaper one and save a few bucks.
18th June 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Check out the RAVPower wireless chargers. Have one of the round-shaped models, works perfectly with Nexus 5.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread