Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Wireless Charger Shutting Screen Off?

OP VSack

7th February 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

158 posts
I have the new Nexus Wireless Charging plate direct from Google. If I unlock the phone (or disable the lock and turn the screen on) the unit immediately shuts the screen off again.

Does anyone know if this is because the magnet is affecting the smart cover switch? Is there any way to fix this?
7th February 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSack

I have the new Nexus Wireless Charging plate direct from Google. If I unlock the phone (or disable the lock and turn the screen on) the unit immediately shuts the screen off again.

Does anyone know if this is because the magnet is affecting the smart cover switch? Is there any way to fix this?

Yeah, it seems like the magnet is affecting the smart cover sensor. If you can, try going to a store that sells wireless chargers (Tmobile, ATT, Verizon) and see if it does it with that charger too. If it doesn't, I would just return your charger and buy a different one.

I'm using the Nokia DT-900 and it works great...no overheating or anything.
7th February 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Yeah, it seems like the magnet is affecting the smart cover sensor. If you can, try going to a store that sells wireless chargers (Tmobile, ATT, Verizon) and see if it does it with that charger too. If it doesn't, I would just return your charger and buy a different one.

I'm using the Nokia DT-900 and it works great...no overheating or anything.

Thanks for the tip.

The best part is...this is the one Google sells on the Play store with the phone.
7th February 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 94

962 posts
More
My Nexus wireless charger doesn't turn off the screen, my screen turns off after the time set for screen off.

I have been noticing that my Nexus charger is not always charging my phone overnight. Sometimes I set it down and here the charging beep and see the icon but then at some point the phone stops charging. This has happened with the Nexus bumper case installed and the Spigen slim armor case, not sure if it has happened with no case on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread