Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless Charger Shutting Screen Off?

Tip us?

VSack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Wireless Charger Shutting Screen Off?

I have the new Nexus Wireless Charging plate direct from Google. If I unlock the phone (or disable the lock and turn the screen on) the unit immediately shuts the screen off again.

Does anyone know if this is because the magnet is affecting the smart cover switch? Is there any way to fix this?
I have to stop reading stupid threads for my own good.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSack View Post
I have the new Nexus Wireless Charging plate direct from Google. If I unlock the phone (or disable the lock and turn the screen on) the unit immediately shuts the screen off again.

Does anyone know if this is because the magnet is affecting the smart cover switch? Is there any way to fix this?
Yeah, it seems like the magnet is affecting the smart cover sensor. If you can, try going to a store that sells wireless chargers (Tmobile, ATT, Verizon) and see if it does it with that charger too. If it doesn't, I would just return your charger and buy a different one.

I'm using the Nokia DT-900 and it works great...no overheating or anything.

VSack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Yeah, it seems like the magnet is affecting the smart cover sensor. If you can, try going to a store that sells wireless chargers (Tmobile, ATT, Verizon) and see if it does it with that charger too. If it doesn't, I would just return your charger and buy a different one.

I'm using the Nokia DT-900 and it works great...no overheating or anything.
Thanks for the tip.

The best part is...this is the one Google sells on the Play store with the phone.
I have to stop reading stupid threads for my own good.

Raistlin1
Old
Thanks Meter 89
My Nexus wireless charger doesn't turn off the screen, my screen turns off after the time set for screen off.

I have been noticing that my Nexus charger is not always charging my phone overnight. Sometimes I set it down and here the charging beep and see the icon but then at some point the phone stops charging. This has happened with the Nexus bumper case installed and the Spigen slim armor case, not sure if it has happened with no case on it.
S4 - Black (Wifey's)
Bone Stock
Amon_RA 2.3 | MikG 3.11
AnthraX Kernel (sometimes)