[Q] Wireless Charging + Case

OP kuthedude

18th January 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

105 posts
More
Hello friends. I tried searching and didn't find anything I was looking for. Perhaps I just wasn't looking in the right spot, so feel free to call me an idiot and paste a link.

I just received a speck case and tried to use it on my wifes nexus 5 wireless charger. It is the square one she ordered from google. NFC works through the case but that charger does not. Is there any info out there that shows what cases work w/ what wireless charger? I am basically looking for something to charge at night that doesnt NEED to be held by magnets, but it would be nice. I am also looking for a car mount that NEEDS to be held in place by magnets and charge wirelessly. I am aware of the DIY threads, but if the charge wont take because of my case then it is a moot point.

Money really isn't an issue, I just want things to work. I am on my 4th day w/ the Nexus 5 and loving it. Any suggestions would be helpful.
21st January 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brasilia
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthedude

Hello friends. I tried searching and didn't find anything I was looking for. Perhaps I just wasn't looking in the right spot, so feel free to call me an idiot and paste a link.

I just received a speck case and tried to use it on my wifes nexus 5 wireless charger. It is the square one she ordered from google. NFC works through the case but that charger does not. Is there any info out there that shows what cases work w/ what wireless charger? I am basically looking for something to charge at night that doesnt NEED to be held by magnets, but it would be nice. I am also looking for a car mount that NEEDS to be held in place by magnets and charge wirelessly. I am aware of the DIY threads, but if the charge wont take because of my case then it is a moot point.

Money really isn't an issue, I just want things to work. I am on my 4th day w/ the Nexus 5 and loving it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have a Speck Ultra Hybrid case in my Nexus 5.
My gets charged normally with the case. Never had any problems.
But my wireless charger is not that from Google. It is a generic chino. It works fine!
21st January 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Riding my Bike
Thanks Meter: 5,065

3,373 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using a Cruzerlite Case and it works well with the original Nexus4 wireless charger.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 149

618 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wergin

I think Zerolemon Battery Is best for N5

I don't think op asked for a battery recommendation..

Quote:

Just Prob if you dont I a case..

wut?

Quote:

and wireless charger is Not good..

- umm... not good... because?

@kuthedude - the speckcase doesn't look to be too thick - odd that it wouldn't work with the nexus charger. I use a case (Spigen neo hybrid) on my Nexus 5 with the nokia wireless charger and it charges just fine (it doesn't have magnets though). (I assume wireless charging works if you remove the case.)
Try moving the phone around on the charger to see if it works with the case?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank