XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charging and fast charge

Tip us?

imablackhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Default Wireless charging and fast charge

I bought a 1amp wireless charger. Now question is if my kernel supports fast charge and I toggle it on and plug this charger into USB on a computer vs the charger in the wall....will it still pull maximum output in amps the wireless charger could do. So it would be the same effect...through wireless?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

biscuitownz
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Yeah, it'll take as much as the 500mah as it can from the computer and same goes for the 1amp wall charger. You just have to remember that wireless charging isn't 100% efficient, so 1amp input actually comes out to around 700~mah.

marleyfan61
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitownz View Post
Yeah, it'll take as much as the 500mah as it can from the computer and same goes for the 1amp wall charger. You just have to remember that wireless charging isn't 100% efficient, so 1amp input actually comes out to around 700~mah.
I'm not so sure about that. Fast charge detects a usb charge and treats it like a wall charge. But if the phone is charging wirelessly it's not plugged into usb. I don't think fast charge will have any effect on wireless charging. That's my understanding anyway.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: franco r32
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i

biscuitownz
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Fast charge detects a usb charge and treats it like a wall charge. But if the phone is charging wirelessly it's not plugged into usb. I don't think fast charge will have any effect on wireless charging. That's my understanding anyway.
Oh, I was talking about wireless charging in general. Not sure if it would work with fast charge or not though.