5,605,373 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charging????

Tip us?
 
cables2590
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elgin
Default Wireless charging????

I'm trying to convince myself why I would buy a wireless charger... I just don't see the reasoning because there is still a wire got G to the charging pad that the phone has to sit on... So I guess it just saves me the small hassle of having to plug and unplug my phone but is that worth $50... So my question is why did u or why are u planning on buying one... Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
Ben36
Old
#2  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1379
Posts: 5,038
Join Date: Jun 2012
Because it's cool

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
cables2590
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elgin
Lol I was hoping for just a little more...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
starnostar
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2009
Because its the most convenient thing ever....

I dislike the "official" n5 wireless charger, Instead I have the samsung S4 wireless charger, its a tray a littler larger than the n5 you just set it on.... anytime I'm at my desk I just set it on the charger. It might not seem like much, buts its well well worth it if you have an extra 50 bucks.
 
Ben36
Old
#5  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1379
Posts: 5,038
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cables2590 View Post
Lol I was hoping for just a little more...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
No... That's it... Try it and you'll want one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
cables2590
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
No... That's it... Try it and you'll want one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk



I might try it just to feel cool lol...


Quote:
Originally Posted by starnostar View Post
Because its the most convenient thing ever....

I dislike the "official" n5 wireless charger, Instead I have the samsung S4 wireless charger, its a tray a littler larger than the n5 you just set it on.... anytime I'm at my desk I just set it on the charger. It might not seem like much, buts its well well worth it if you have an extra 50 bucks.
See I would want one that's big enough to charge my phone and my nexus 7... It would be sitting on my nightstand since I don't have a desk job but I don't know I might try one anyways... Do u know of one that's big enough for the both?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
rootSU
Old
#7  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7512
Posts: 18,124
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cables2590 View Post
I'm trying to convince myself why I would buy a wireless charger... I just don't see the reasoning because there is still a wire got G to the charging pad that the phone has to sit on... So I guess it just saves me the small hassle of having to plug and unplug my phone but is that worth $50... So my question is why did u or why are u planning on buying one... Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
For me the reason is practical (the reason why I am planning). I use my phone as an alarm clock so my phone must be plugged in all night on charge to ensure that it goes off and the phone doesn't die.

My partner is often in bed when I go to bed so the room is dark and must remain so. Plugging the USB cable in is quite awkward in the dark and quite easy to get the wrong way round and sometimes I find it just isn't inserted properly. For me, dropping it on a wireless charging unit will make it much easier in these situations.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
c0rnelone
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 26
Join Date: Aug 2009
I just bought one without reason and i love it. You can use it with no light easy. Grab and go (it happens me a lot of time at work that i have to run somewhere and with cable I had some accidents :S)
 
Zepius
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1033
Posts: 2,728
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
For me the reason is practical (the reason why I am planning). I use my phone as an alarm clock so my phone must be plugged in all night on charge to ensure that it goes off and the phone doesn't die.

My partner is often in bed when I go to bed so the room is dark and must remain so. Plugging the USB cable in is quite awkward in the dark and quite easy to get the wrong way round and sometimes I find it just isn't inserted properly. For me, dropping it on a wireless charging unit will make it much easier in these situations.
same reasoning for me. my wife liked it so much she wanted one too.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep
 
mattfox27
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 651
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles

 
DONATE TO ME
Its just cool and easy take the plunge you won't regret it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes