Welp. Unfortunately, it looks like I can be added to the list of those who have been "burned"
by the Tylt Vu. I've been using two different ones for about two weeks now with no issues at all. The hottest my N5 would ever get would be around 37C (but it would usually hover around 34-35C). I've been keeping an eye on the battery temp since reading all these horror stories of overheating. Tonight, it was charging fine when I picked my phone up to check a text and mess around for a couple minutes. When I put it back on, it was probably around 37-38C or so. I was sitting next to it and touched the screen to check the temp, and it felt REALLY hot (only about 5-10 minutes after setting the phone back down to charge). So I took it off and the battery temp was showing 49.5C with "health" saying "overheating". I always make sure the screen is turned off after putting it on the charger, so I know it wasn't in daydream or anything. Kinda freaked me out. I love these chargers, but my faith in leaving them unattended while charging is now shaky at best.