[Q] Wont return to LTE or mobile data on (Tasker)

OP Chekhn

28th February 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Karlstad
Thanks Meter: 6

59 posts
More
Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?
28th February 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Annecy
Thanks Meter: 2,526

4,557 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhn

Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?

I don't exactly understand what do you mean... LTE is correctly enabled or disabled with Tasker
28th February 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 383

1,737 posts
Quote:

Hello!

No, the settings remain as they were configured by Tasker even when you uninstall it. You will have to change then back manually. If that's what you're talking about.
28th February 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Karlstad

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

I don't exactly understand what do you mean... LTE is correctly enabled or disabled with Tasker

When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.
So no LTE is kinda not correctly enabled/disabled
28th February 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Karlstad

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

No, the settings remain as they were configured by Tasker even when you uninstall it. You will have to change then back manually. If that's what you're talking about.

Well as i said in the previous post, my phone turns off GPS and auto sync when i turn off the profile i am using. So your statement is actually wrong :P
28th February 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Annecy
Thanks Meter: 2,526

4,557 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.

Okay so yes we need to disable mobile data manually.

Just to be sure long press the profile name, click the settings button on top then check "Restore Settings" if you have this option.
Most of system settings like brightness are automatically restored but not mobile data afaik.
28th February 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 383

1,737 posts
Quote:

Can't you just add an exit task that changes the settings back?
28th February 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,263

3,161 posts
More
Quote:

Well as i said in the previous post, my phone turns off GPS and auto sync when i turn off the profile i am using. So your statement is actually wrong :P

Actually, you both are correct. Tasker does not act consistently between the items you two are comparing. Some things, like Bluetooth, it will revert when the task is exited. But it does not always act this way.

It should always act the same way across the board. I hope it's a bug, because it's definitely bad practice to code in this fashion. Especially with a programmer's tool

But, as @PhilipTD said, just make an exit task to revert settings.
1st March 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Karlstad

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

Can't you just add an exit task that changes the settings back?

I have tried but can't find anything that works and as i said i am not so experienced in tasker :/
1st March 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Karlstad

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Okay so yes we need to disable mobile data manually.

Just to be sure long press the profile name, click the settings button on top then check "Restore Settings" if you have this option.
Most of system settings like brightness are automatically restored but not mobile data afaik.

Well the thing is that i don't want to do it manually, i want tasker to do it automatically like everything else

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 5, profiles, tasker
Previous Thread Next Thread