Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 50,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wont return to LTE or mobile data on (Tasker)

Tip us?
 
Chekhn
Old
#1  
Chekhn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 57
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Karlstad
Question [Q] Wont return to LTE or mobile data on (Tasker)

Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?
 
Primokorn
Old
#2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1831
Posts: 3,554
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Annecy

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhn View Post
Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?
I don't exactly understand what do you mean... LTE is correctly enabled or disabled with Tasker
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | DU | Uber fan of Uber kernel

 
PhilipTD
Old
#3  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,713
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhn View Post
Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?
No, the settings remain as they were configured by Tasker even when you uninstall it. You will have to change then back manually. If that's what you're talking about.

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 
 
Chekhn
Old
#4  
Chekhn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 57
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Karlstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
I don't exactly understand what do you mean... LTE is correctly enabled or disabled with Tasker
When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.
So no LTE is kinda not correctly enabled/disabled
 
Chekhn
Old
#5  
Chekhn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 57
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Karlstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
No, the settings remain as they were configured by Tasker even when you uninstall it. You will have to change then back manually. If that's what you're talking about.
Well as i said in the previous post, my phone turns off GPS and auto sync when i turn off the profile i am using. So your statement is actually wrong :P
 
Primokorn
Old
#6  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1831
Posts: 3,554
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Annecy

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhn View Post
When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.
So no LTE is kinda not correctly enabled/disabled
Okay so yes we need to disable mobile data manually.

Just to be sure long press the profile name, click the settings button on top then check "Restore Settings" if you have this option.
Most of system settings like brightness are automatically restored but not mobile data afaik.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | DU | Uber fan of Uber kernel

 
PhilipTD
Old
#7  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,713
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhn View Post
When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.
So no LTE is kinda not correctly enabled/disabled
Can't you just add an exit task that changes the settings back?

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 
 
Aerowinder
Old
#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191
Posts: 3,021
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhn View Post
Well as i said in the previous post, my phone turns off GPS and auto sync when i turn off the profile i am using. So your statement is actually wrong :P
Actually, you both are correct. Tasker does not act consistently between the items you two are comparing. Some things, like Bluetooth, it will revert when the task is exited. But it does not always act this way.

It should always act the same way across the board. I hope it's a bug, because it's definitely bad practice to code in this fashion. Especially with a programmer's tool

But, as @PhilipTD said, just make an exit task to revert settings.
 

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
 
Chekhn
Old
#9  
Chekhn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 57
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Karlstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
Can't you just add an exit task that changes the settings back?
I have tried but can't find anything that works and as i said i am not so experienced in tasker :/
 
Chekhn
Old
#10  
Chekhn's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 57
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Karlstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
Okay so yes we need to disable mobile data manually.

Just to be sure long press the profile name, click the settings button on top then check "Restore Settings" if you have this option.
Most of system settings like brightness are automatically restored but not mobile data afaik.
Well the thing is that i don't want to do it manually, i want tasker to do it automatically like everything else

Tags
nexus 5, profiles, tasker
Thread Tools
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...