Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a workaround for the camera hiss/static problem?

Tip us?

rogerchew
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Is there a workaround for the camera hiss/static problem?

Thinking about retiring my trusty Gnex and looking into the N5. Unfortunately, stumbled across some articles on the internet claiming that there are persistent bugs with the N5 camera that are driving users crazy. Decided to look into this and came onto this forum, there was no sticky regarding the issue, nothing on the first few pages regarding camera problems, even did a search and didn't seem like many people were even complaining.

so my question is, has it been fixed? the articles online claim google is still working on a fix, but the lack of posts or complaints on this site makes me feel it's a non issue anymore.

feed back would be much appreciated.

thanks

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchew View Post
Thinking about retiring my trusty Gnex and looking into the N5. Unfortunately, stumbled across some articles on the internet claiming that there are persistent bugs with the N5 camera that are driving users crazy. Decided to look into this and came onto this forum, there was no sticky regarding the issue, nothing on the first few pages regarding camera problems, even did a search and didn't seem like many people were even complaining.

so my question is, has it been fixed? the articles online claim google is still working on a fix, but the lack of posts or complaints on this site makes me feel it's a non issue anymore.

feed back would be much appreciated.

thanks
The hiss problem is real, Google is fixing soon...but we wait. A happy day when this gets resolved.
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3
Rockin Android before it was Cool!