Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Worth it to install android 4.4.3?

Tip us?

nad4321
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Worth it to install android 4.4.3?

Hey guys!
I still havent installed android 4.4.3 in my nexus. Reading in different websites I've seen there are many bugs so I was wondering whether it is worth it to upgrade or whether I should stick with android 4.4.2 for now.
Cheers!

raul90
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321 View Post
Hey guys!
I still havent installed android 4.4.3 in my nexus. Reading in different websites I've seen there are many bugs so I was wondering whether it is worth it to upgrade or whether I should stick with android 4.4.2 for now.
Cheers!
always better to upgrade, it includes several fixes that are really helpful.

If you're afraid that you might get any bugs (but I don't think that you will) you could flash the whole stock 4.4.3 image and start from scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to raul90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdrc45
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321 View Post
Hey guys!
Cheers!
Many of those bugs and issues are isolated cases. Personally I'd rather upgrade to an OS that has more fixes, is less Bugless should be more stable.
I'm on the DIrty Unicors 4.4.3 build with Franco R53 kernel and my N5 is performing fantastic. Smooth, stabile, seems even faster, and more fluid transitions. I also flashed the new modem/radio (wasn't in the DU 4.4.3 build) and not that I even had an issue with the last radio, but this one seems to be working great for me on MetroPCS. I'm getting more bars and LTE reception in areas that usually struggle with singnal and my WiFi to data transition seems quicker to.
No to mention that there are all the modems/radios I. A flashable zip through a custom recovey and then you can test to see which one works be for you.

On the other hand... If you find that you don't like it (which I doubt) try a custom 4.4.3 ROM.
I f you have one you could always just reflash a nandroid backup to a previous version 4.4.2

You could also always flash back the stock images to 4.4.2 using the same method that you upgraded to 4.4.3 and there's other method you can do this way without losing user data.
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Upgrade and enjoy the latest and greatest on your Nexus5!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!