nexus 5 bad scores?

4th November 2013, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag South Gate, Ca
Thanks Meter: 5

81 posts
More
so i was watching youtube and this guy did a few tests, antutu quadrant etc.the nexus 5 didnt even score as high as s4 on any of them.
is this because of 4.4? dunno just seems really odd a phone equipped the way it is wouldnt make good scores. ik they are mostly superficial but it kinda does matter to me.
4th November 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 274

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clorbag

so i was watching youtube and this guy did a few tests, antutu quadrant etc.the nexus 5 didnt even score as high as s4 on any of them.
is this because of 4.4? dunno just seems really odd a phone equipped the way it is wouldnt make good scores. ik they are mostly superficial but it kinda does matter to me.

Samsung are one of the known companies to optimize their CPU for benchmarks. Ever since this discovery I have come to believe there completely useless!

I am pretty sure Apple do the same but not sure.

So don't bother with them no more is my advice. you will see in real world usage how much faster it is. it's a beast.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidInsanity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 03:45 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,680

4,307 posts
It's the same reason why you don't solely judge a football team by total yards. There's much more to the story.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
4th November 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag South Gate, Ca

81 posts
More
yeah i thought they were odd. i had phones that were powerful that didnt score well. and phones with less power scoring insane. its really for bragging rights among friends. but its something i seem to use every time i get a new phone. that also explains why some stock roms making better scores then some of the better custom ones.
4th November 2013, 03:50 AM   |  #5  
dallas, tx
Thanks Meter: 239

1,310 posts
More
God u ppl it's android 4.4 that's why apps need to be updated for android 4.4.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
4th November 2013, 03:55 AM   |  #6  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 807

1,841 posts
More
I don't know why this still has to be said every time a new phone is released, but here we go... Benchmark scores mean absolutely NOTHING in real world usability/performance. Stop worrying about it and enjoy your phone (whenever you get it).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 46

446 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by technostein

Samsung are one of the known companies to optimize their CPU for benchmarks. Ever since this discovery I have come to believe there completely useless!

So don't bother with them no more is my advice. you will see in real world usage how much faster it is. it's a beast.

Actually the same investigators who have brought the benchmark goosing issues to light have already said the neither Motorola nor Apple does this. So some companies benchmarked still hold true.
The Following User Says Thank You to itpromike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2013, 04:00 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag South Gate, Ca

81 posts
More
even if they mean nothing i was curious why the nexus scored lower to comparable phones. so chill man.
4th November 2013, 04:04 AM   |  #9  

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by technostein

According to Anandtech the performance gain of the "optimizations" is about 5%. So, not much.

And about Apple, what they do is optimize their software for specific benchmarks. Even worse IMO.
Last edited by TheTehk17; 4th November 2013 at 04:07 AM.
4th November 2013, 04:08 AM   |  #10  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 233

1,278 posts
More
He's correct. Even if benchmarks don't matter it still shouldn't score this low. There is something wrong. Like someone said before the benchmark apps probably need to be updated to 4.4. But it is something to keep an eye on. We should keep an eye on real world performance, if that lags than we have the benchmarks as a reference.

Sent from my SGH-I747

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread