5,593,587 Members 37,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it worth the upgrade from a nexus 4?

Tip us?

IRX120
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Default Is it worth the upgrade from a nexus 4?

I have used a nexus 4 since February and am considering buying a nexus 5 other than screen quality and an increased storage capacity, is there a noticeable difference in speed? I know the s800 is technically way faster than the s4 pro but in real world performance is there a big enough advantage to upgrade? I'm curious because it is 400$ and I want to make sure its worth it, if not then I'll hold out till next years model.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

spitefulcheerio
Old
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
I got my Nexus 4 in January and loved using it the entire time.

I opened up my Nexus 5 box earlier this week and am actually surprised how much more I love it than the N4. The feel (IMO) is better in my hands, the screen is whoaaaaaa, the speed is noticeable...if you have the money, get it.

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1340
the N5 is a great device. if you're enjoying your N4, though, there's no immediate reason to switch (imo).
i enjoy changing devices every 6 months or so. i like new devices even if there is nothing wrong with the previous device. other people prefer to not change what's working well at the moment.

cheers

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747
The Following User Says Thank You to xBeerdroiDx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IRX120
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitefulcheerio View Post
I got my Nexus 4 in January and loved using it the entire time.

I opened up my Nexus 5 box earlier this week and am actually surprised how much more I love it than the N4. The feel (IMO) is better in my hands, the screen is whoaaaaaa, the speed is noticeable...if you have the money, get it.
Yeah I'm still not sure but I'll probably at least wait till my n4 is a year old, just don't wanna shell out 400$ for a device that ends up being hardly any different than the one I paid almost 400$ for 8 months before haha

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17905
as much as i LOVE my n4, my n5 just blows the n4 out of the water. it is just so much faster.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
as much as i LOVE my n4, my n5 just blows the n4 out of the water. it is just so much faster.
I never noticed a second of lag on my nexus 4.

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 458
The Nexus4 was great but the Nexus5 is an awesome upgrade!
LGNexus5 <LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy Techno Mix - Reach for the Universe!

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
I never noticed a second of lag on my nexus 4.
i never noticed a micro second of lag in my four, but im not talking lag. the nexus 5 is just faster, much, all over.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

markdapimp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
If i were you i would hold back for like a month or two till LG and Google get their heads together and apply tighter quality control.
but overall i have a N5 Day 1 310k and its perfect except a bit of light bleed on top left