Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 40,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is Wrong if i choose Nexus 5 with stock rom, unrooting device, and wait only google u

Tip us?

codycook
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
I feel the same exact way. I used to root every Android phone I've ever owned but the Nexus 5 is an exception. It just works!

The only thing I wish is that the volume output is louder while playing music although I know it can be fixed if I decide to root.

sent from my neXus 5

I grabbed the Bright Red and it was manufactured in January and the speaker is quite loud. I was really shocked. Maybe your N5 didn't include the larger speaker holes?

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by codycook View Post
I grabbed the Bright Red and it was manufactured in January and the speaker is quite loud. I was really shocked. Maybe your N5 didn't include the larger speaker holes?
We both have the latest revision and that's rev11. There is no such thing as larger speaker holes from the factory.

sent from my neXus 5

codycook
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
We both have the latest revision and that's rev11. There is no such thing as larger speaker holes from the factory.

sent from my neXus 5

Care to comment on this article?
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...roved-buttons/

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
Read this thread to improve speaker and headset volume http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532788. I don`t care how big the holes are, its all about software settings
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

codycook
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I see. Thanks for the link. Wow, if they hardcoded 50% on the speakers, then it already has a pretty great speaker at 50% for my purposes. :P I haven't used it with speaker phone yet but it works decently with my Bluetooth headset.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
I see. Thanks for the link. Wow, if they hardcoded 50% on the speakers, then it already has a pretty great speaker at 50% for my purposes. :P I haven't used it with speaker phone yet but it works decently with my Bluetooth headset.
I changed my speaker volume from 88 to 91, its louder now and there`s no distortion.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue