Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more
Post Reply

WugFresh Root Method Question

OP Sanvido

15th February 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
If I use WugFresh Root Method to root and flash a custom recovery called Team Win Recovery. Will I still be able to take OTA updates? Also, since WugFresh installs the free version of BusyBox, is it still possible to upgrade to BusyBox Pro?

Thanks
15th February 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,145
 
8,559 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvido

If I use WugFresh Root Method to root and flash a custom recovery called Team Win Recovery. Will I still be able to take OTA updates? Also, since WugFresh installs the free version of BusyBox, is it still possible to upgrade to BusyBox Pro?

Thanks

Do yourself a favour and don`t use toolkits: learn to use adb/fastboot, rooting/flashing, recovery`s (sideload, push files) etc etc. Read the 4 top threads in the General section. Sooner or later you`re gona get into trouble with a toolkit and you will not be able to solve it bro
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #3  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,239
 
23,247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Do yourself a favour and don`t use toolkits: learn to use adb/fastboot, rooting/flashing, recovery`s (sideload, push files) etc etc. Read the 4 top threads in the General section. Sooner or later you`re gona get into trouble with a toolkit and you will not be able to solve it bro

+1 to every word said above!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Do yourself a favour and don`t use toolkits: learn to use adb/fastboot, rooting/flashing, recovery`s (sideload, push files) etc etc. Read the 4 top threads in the General section. Sooner or later you`re gona get into trouble with a toolkit and you will not be able to solve it bro

Is there a reason particular reason as to why I shouldn't use a toolkit?
16th February 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

+1 to every word said above!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is there a reason particular reason as to why I shouldn't use a toolkit?
16th February 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #6  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,855
 
10,827 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvido

Is there a reason particular reason as to why I shouldn't use a toolkit?

Reading comprehension gets to us all at some point, eh?





Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Do yourself a favour and don`t use toolkits: learn to use adb/fastboot, rooting/flashing, recovery`s (sideload, push files) etc etc. Read the 4 top threads in the General section. Sooner or later you`re gona get into trouble with a toolkit and you will not be able to solve it bro



Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank