MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

WugFresh Root Method Question

15th February 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
If I use WugFresh Root Method to root and flash a custom recovery called Team Win Recovery. Will I still be able to take OTA updates? Also, since WugFresh installs the free version of BusyBox, is it still possible to upgrade to BusyBox Pro?

Thanks
15th February 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102

8,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvido

If I use WugFresh Root Method to root and flash a custom recovery called Team Win Recovery. Will I still be able to take OTA updates? Also, since WugFresh installs the free version of BusyBox, is it still possible to upgrade to BusyBox Pro?

Thanks

Do yourself a favour and don`t use toolkits: learn to use adb/fastboot, rooting/flashing, recovery`s (sideload, push files) etc etc. Read the 4 top threads in the General section. Sooner or later you`re gona get into trouble with a toolkit and you will not be able to solve it bro
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,683

22,649 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Do yourself a favour and don`t use toolkits: learn to use adb/fastboot, rooting/flashing, recovery`s (sideload, push files) etc etc. Read the 4 top threads in the General section. Sooner or later you`re gona get into trouble with a toolkit and you will not be able to solve it bro

+1 to every word said above!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

Is there a reason particular reason as to why I shouldn't use a toolkit?
16th February 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

+1 to every word said above!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16th February 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,598

10,700 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvido

Reading comprehension gets to us all at some point, eh?

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank