Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 47,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 battery and settings messed up

Tip us?
 
dec1153
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 203
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southport
Default Nexus 5 battery and settings messed up

OK over that past few days my battery rarely last a few days. Here is my nexus battery stats. Its states my screen has been on for 1m when I have had it on for about 20mins. Also battery drops by the second. Please help. I then tried to charge the charging icon came on but it didn't charge. Left it plugged in for 30mins. Any suggestions?
Regards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
dec1153
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 203
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southport
I have also tried rebooting but when I go the the battery settings everything is the same. Nothing has reset? Pls help battery going by the minute and seconds
 
vin4yak
Old
#3  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2137
Posts: 3,622
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Are you ysing a custom rom/kernel? Go back to fully stock and see if it happens or not...
 
dec1153
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 203
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southport
No I am not. Just rooted and full stock ROM nothing else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
vin4yak
Old
#5  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2137
Posts: 3,622
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153 View Post
No I am not. Just rooted and full stock ROM nothing else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well, does it charge while you have connected it to a Wall(AC) charger? Does the Battery indicate that it's charging??
 
dec1153
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 203
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southport
Yes it does indicate. But the percentage did not move. This happened yesterday as well so I drained it then charged fine as normal. Any advice.
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
dec1153
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 203
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Well, does it charge while you have connected it to a Wall(AC) charger? Does the Battery indicate that it's charging??
Yes it does. Now what?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
vin4yak
Old
#8  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2137
Posts: 3,622
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153 View Post
Yes it does indicate. But the percentage did not move. This happened yesterday as well so I drained it then charged fine as normal. Any advice.
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No clue m8.. It's surely weird. You could try to flash factory images and see whether it fixes or not... Follow this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

Wait for a while and see whether someone else comes up with a solution.. If not, follow the above thread..

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153 View Post
Yes it does. Now what?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
So it indicates that it's charging but the percentage doesn't go up.. that's what you're saying, right?

Try a different wall charger or try charging it via a computer/laptop and see if it charges? May be a faulty charger?
 
dec1153
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 203
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southport
Yes I'll do what I did yesterday. I'll keep u updated, thanks for the help so far though,much appreciated!!! I currently have 53% for 45mine screen on. I might try a battery calibration app too because I am rooted....
 
vin4yak
Old
#10  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2137
Posts: 3,622
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153 View Post
Yes I'll do what I did yesterday. I'll keep u updated, thanks for the help so far though,much appreciated!!! I currently have 53% for 45mine screen on. I might try a battery calibration app too because I am rooted....
Np. Always happy to help... Battery calibration apps are useless.. Here's a useful post about the same : https://plus.google.com/u/0/10505198...ts/FV3LVtdVxPT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes