5,606,201 Members 33,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what is Xposed framework and modules? can they replace custom roms?

Tip us?

thomacus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xposed Installer on Custom ROMs

Is there any danger to using Xposed of you have already flashed a custom ROM? I am running AOKP 4.1.2(unofficial) on my Galaxy S Blaze that I downloaded from the Galaxy S Blaze bible. I am anxious to try out Xposed Installer but I don't want to risk ruining my phone. Thanks.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7520
It cant ruin your phone. Backup first

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhilipTD
Old
(Last edited by PhilipTD; 26th February 2014 at 02:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 350
deleted

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 284
I recently re-flashed the stock images, rooted and installed Xposed and gravity box on my device plus a few other modules. This combination gives me all the stability of stock plus the limited set of enhancements I wanted from custom ROMs. I also use the Franco Kennel r34 for better battery life and screen color balance control. The last essential module is Viper4Android which dramatically improved speaker, earplugs and Bluetooth audio.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.2] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX

AlderCass
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
I recently re-flashed the stock images, rooted and installed Xposed and gravity box on my device plus a few other modules. This combination gives me all the stability of stock plus the limited set of enhancements I wanted from custom ROMs. I also use the Franco Kennel r34 for better battery life and screen color balance control. The last essential module is Viper4Android which dramatically improved speaker, earplugs and Bluetooth audio.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Exact same setup as me

LG Nexus 5 | ParanoidAndroid 4.2 BETA1 | Franco Kernel
Asus Nexus 7 FHD Wi-Fi | Stock Android 4.4.2 | Franco Kernel | Xposed Framework