Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Xposed + GravityBox Killing Battery

11th February 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #21  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,678

22,640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush420

I seem to be getting drain also I decided to try out better battery stats it seems to be the top App doing most of the drain

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Then will you please post in the Gravity box thread and ask the developer what logs will help him? Everyone who says they have drain so far have been 0 help to the developer. Please be the one to turn things around...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 10,983

4,392 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just dropping by and I felt like I could give you some hints about potential causes of battery drain.
From my experience, I figured out that the only reasons when I experience higher drainage is soft-rebooting a device.
This is not GB related and can easily happen without running any xposed modules.
It seems like when doing soft reboot, the device is not initialized properly in some parts which can cause some unexpected behavior resulting in higher battery consumption.
The recommendation: avoid using soft-reboots as much as possible. Use normal reboot instead. It doesn't take a lot more time for the device to boot compared to soft-reboot, anyway.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

Just dropping by and I felt like I could give you some hints about potential causes of battery drain.
From my experience, I figured out that the only reasons when I experience higher drainage is soft-rebooting a device.
This is not GB related and can easily happen without running any xposed modules.
It seems like when doing soft reboot, the device is not initialized properly in some parts which can cause some unexpected behavior resulting in higher battery consumption.
The recommendation: avoid using soft-reboots as much as possible. Use normal reboot instead. It doesn't take a lot more time for the device to boot compared to soft-reboot, anyway.

Yeap I only had Xposed and GravityBox 3.0.0 installed since 2 days ago and i certainly noticed the really bad battery drain. The phone sometimes might even feel slightly warm even when I'm simply leaving it idling there...
Like thread OP, I checked using BetterBatteryStats but couldn't get any noticeable information about the culprit that might be causing incessant wakelocks. But admittedly I have been soft-rebooting quite often, so I'll try a normal reboot and see if the problem goes away. Else I'll install an earlier GB version to see if it fixes the battery drain.
20th March 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #24  
Flag The blood bath known as Chicago IL.
Thanks Meter: 733

2,034 posts
More
Of course if you install GB and play with all the settings for an hour or so it will appear in your batt list. When done putzing give it a full charge to reset batt table and you'll never see it again.

good day.
24th March 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Thumbs up
Update: I have tried this for 3 days now - I have re-enabled Gravitybox and only used normal reboot instead of soft reboot and the battery drain doesn't appear to be happening anymore.
Overnight while idling the battery is draining from full to 90% battery which is reasonable.

Seems like C3C076 might have been right after all, thanks matey! (+1)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
androidos, androidsystem, battery, gravitybox
Previous Thread Next Thread