Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed + GravityBox Killing Battery

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush420 View Post
I seem to be getting drain also I decided to try out better battery stats it seems to be the top App doing most of the drain

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Then will you please post in the Gravity box thread and ask the developer what logs will help him? Everyone who says they have drain so far have been 0 help to the developer. Please be the one to turn things around...
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

C3C076
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,571

DONATE TO ME
Just dropping by and I felt like I could give you some hints about potential causes of battery drain.
From my experience, I figured out that the only reasons when I experience higher drainage is soft-rebooting a device.
This is not GB related and can easily happen without running any xposed modules.
It seems like when doing soft reboot, the device is not initialized properly in some parts which can cause some unexpected behavior resulting in higher battery consumption.
The recommendation: avoid using soft-reboots as much as possible. Use normal reboot instead. It doesn't take a lot more time for the device to boot compared to soft-reboot, anyway.
Nexus 5 running stock KitKat + GravityBox
GravityBox app - Xposed module for devices running vanilla Android
Please, do not use personal messages when trying to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.
If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chua
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076 View Post
Just dropping by and I felt like I could give you some hints about potential causes of battery drain.
From my experience, I figured out that the only reasons when I experience higher drainage is soft-rebooting a device.
This is not GB related and can easily happen without running any xposed modules.
It seems like when doing soft reboot, the device is not initialized properly in some parts which can cause some unexpected behavior resulting in higher battery consumption.
The recommendation: avoid using soft-reboots as much as possible. Use normal reboot instead. It doesn't take a lot more time for the device to boot compared to soft-reboot, anyway.
Yeap I only had Xposed and GravityBox 3.0.0 installed since 2 days ago and i certainly noticed the really bad battery drain. The phone sometimes might even feel slightly warm even when I'm simply leaving it idling there...
Like thread OP, I checked using BetterBatteryStats but couldn't get any noticeable information about the culprit that might be causing incessant wakelocks. But admittedly I have been soft-rebooting quite often, so I'll try a normal reboot and see if the problem goes away. Else I'll install an earlier GB version to see if it fixes the battery drain.

chopper the dog
Old
Thanks Meter 733
Of course if you install GB and play with all the settings for an hour or so it will appear in your batt list. When done putzing give it a full charge to reset batt table and you'll never see it again.

good day.
$3 charging dock for the galaxy nexus. SEE HERE.
If I annoyed you. Hit the thanks button.

chua
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Update: I have tried this for 3 days now - I have re-enabled Gravitybox and only used normal reboot instead of soft reboot and the battery drain doesn't appear to be happening anymore.
Overnight while idling the battery is draining from full to 90% battery which is reasonable.

Seems like C3C076 might have been right after all, thanks matey! (+1)
Tags
androidos, androidsystem, battery, gravitybox