Youtube immersive mode bug

Search This thread

carlos_dz

Sep 25, 2012
Hi,

Probably this thread reports the same issue.

Basically when watching or starting to play a video on Youtube, immersive mode stops working or partially stops working since some icons do disappear but battery icon, and screen bottons become dots. Also a dot its visible on the left side of the notifications bar. Here is a screenshot . Bug fixes temporary after closing the app on the multitask button.

I am not rooted, phone is up to date.

To solve the bug I have tried:

- Play the same video after closing and opening Youtube, is not video specific since immersive mode worked fine.
- Disabling Lightflow, only app with permanent notification I use.

To reproduce the bug I have tried.

- Switching between home screen, youtube and different apps to try reproduce the bug.
- Sending me a gmail notification during the video.

No luck trying to reproduce it.

It's not the most problematic bug, but it gets annoying.

Any ideas on how to fix it or reproduce it?

Thanks

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Hi,

Probably this thread reports the same issue.

Basically when watching or starting to play a video on Youtube, immersive mode stops working or partially stops working since some icons do disappear but battery icon, and screen bottons become dots. Also a dot its visible on the left side of the notifications bar. Here is a screenshot . Bug fixes temporary after closing the app on the multitask button.

I am not rooted, phone is up to date.

To solve the bug I have tried:

- Play the same video after closing and opening Youtube, is not video specific since immersive mode worked fine.
- Disabling Lightflow, only app with permanent notification I use.

To reproduce the bug I have tried.

- Switching between home screen, youtube and different apps to try reproduce the bug.
- Sending me a gmail notification during the video.

No luck trying to reproduce it.

It's not the most problematic bug, but it gets annoying.

Any ideas on how to fix it or reproduce it?

Thanks

I have had the same issue in the past - to be honest, I thought the last update (5.6.36) had made things better but maybe not.

Like you, I could never work out a way to reliably reproduce it. It seemed if you watch 4 or 5 videos back-to-back eventually immersive mode gives up and you have to close and re-load YouTube to get it back.