Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] YouTube Problem

Tip us?

daniel miller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] YouTube Problem

Hello,
About one week ago, the YouTube application in my phone stopped to work on my wi-fi (I got "There was problem in the network" And "retry" button). Whats weird in this story is the fact that it happen only in the wi fi in my house, but not in 3G or in other wi-fi networks. I tried it in another phone and it had the same problem.

What can I do?

Thanks

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Delete your wifi network from your n5 and connect it all over again.

Have you tried clearing cache/data of youtube app?

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 381
As counter-intuitive as this may sound, try rebooting your router. Also, make sure the router's firmware is up to date. Absurd? Yup. Works? Yup.

NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel miller View Post
Hello,
About one week ago, the YouTube application in my phone stopped to work on my wi-fi (I got "There was problem in the network" And "retry" button). Whats weird in this story is the fact that it happen only in the wi fi in my house, but not in 3G or in other wi-fi networks. I tried it in another phone and it had the same problem.

What can I do?

Thanks
Check out an app on the playstore called Push Notifications Fixer. Read the issue it addresses. There is both non-root and root versions. It made a difference in addressing Google service retry issues for all my Android devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX