I'm presenting my kernel Code_Blue, that started as an addon for Purity ROM, called Purified Kernel.
Some of you know me from other Nexus devices asked me to bring back the project, so I did.
My releases are Dragon_Shield powered and I'm going to share them with you.
All I want is full smoothness, performance and battery on my hammerhead, so I build always with Linaro optimized Cortex A15 toolchains.
I aim for a "stockish feel" lean build and for stability purposes I will stay with GCC 4.9.2 for now.
Code is based of android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-l-release, forked from android/kernel_msm.
Useful and powerful picks are mandatory
Be sure to join Code_Blue users G+ community
You keep the spirit alive!
- Build on Ubuntu 14.04.1 x86_64 (Dragon_Shield VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
- Build with toolchains 2014.10 Linaro Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.2 by @Christopher83
- Full -O3+graphite support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
- Based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-l-release + own commits & cherry-picks on demand from code aurora, linaro, etc.
- Kernel compressed with LZ4-r123, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- Enhanced performance and battery patches
- Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default)
- Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 700mV possible)
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default)
- Network and Wifi tweaks
- Several I/O control (FIOPS is default)
- Removed stock mpdecision and thermald
- blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead (based in dyn_hotplug from @stratosk), with screenoff battery saving (max_freq 1190400 @ max dual core)
- L msm_thermal by @franciscofranco
- Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines
- Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
- KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz)
- Simple GPU Governor by @faux123
- Gamma Control by @myfluxi, Piereligio_TrueRGB v7 profile by default)
- LCD_KCAL driver added (RGB calibration by @savoca)
- Tuned min manual brightness
- OTG USB flash drives support FAT32, ExFAT and NTFS: use stickmount
- CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
- Kexec (multirom) full support by @Tasssadar
- Faux Sound Control, with In-call and headphone volume controls by @faux123 (must use FauxSound beta app v1.2.3 and up)
- doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout (based on @flar2 and @showp1984 work)
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, by @flar2), Increase battery charging current to use higher input current (on AC mode by @faux123), proprietary charger detection
- init.d support (busybox run-parts required)
- Kernel cleaner script by @neobuddy89
- Compatible with Universal Kernel Manager (do this if you have trouble in Lollipop), Kernel Manager, Kernel Tweaker, TricksterMOD, Franco Display Control and FauxSound Control
- Featured on Rom Directory by @tFrost
Download latest Code_Blue Kernel zip, flash in recovery and profit
No mirrors allowed. Don't post hardlinks, use original links.
Changelog is available @ website also.
Builds are coded as follows:
- releases on stable folder, build with Linaro Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.* (probably weekly).
For KK the last build is r450
- cm11 on tests folder, same changelog as KK stable, build with Linaro Cortex-A15 GCC 4.7.4
Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing Code_Blue zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> Boot device and install busybox -> flash Code_Blue.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
If you like my work and wish to donate, just hit one of the buttons:
Thanks to @franciscofranco, @faux123, @LaboDJ @show-p1984, @flar2, @anarkia1976, @stratosk, @neobuddy89, @myfluxi, @Christopher83, @Cl3Kener
Special thanks to @DariosF and @ciprianruse88, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and art.
Awesome graphics and design by @ciprianruse88