I'm presenting my kernel Code_Blue, that started as an addon for Purity ROM, called Purified Kernel.
Some of you know me from other Nexus devices asked me to bring back the project, so I did.
My releases are Dragon_Shield powered and I'm going to share them with you.
All I want is full smoothness, performance and battery on my hammerhead, so I build always with Linaro optimized Cortex A15 toolchains.
I aim for a "stockish feel" lean build and for stability purposes I will stay with GCC 4.9.3 for now.
Code is based of android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-lollipop-mr1, forked from android/kernel_msm.
Useful and powerful picks are mandatory
Be sure to join Code_Blue users G+ community
You keep the spirit alive!
- Build on Ubuntu 14.04.2 x86_64 (Dragon_Shield VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
- Build with toolchain Linaro 2015.03 Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.3 by @Christopher83
- Full -O3 & graphite support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
- Based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-lollipop-mr1 + own commits & cherry-picks on demand from code aurora, linaro, etc.
- Kernel compressed with LZ4-r127, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- Enhanced performance and battery patches
- Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default)
- Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 700mV possible)
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
- Several I/O control (FIOPS is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS available)
- Removed stock mpdecision and thermald
- blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead, with screenoff battery saving (max dual core @ max_freq 1190400)
- Lollipop Battery save ready (Enable Battery saver, turn screen off/on to enable dualcore @ 729MHz. To resume normal operation, Disable Battery saver, turn screen off/on again)
- Lollipop franco msm_thermal (default 70º C threshold)
- Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with neon support)
- Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
- KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz), Simple GPU Governor by default
- Gamma Control and KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
- Backlight dimmer ready (disabled by default, tuned min manual brightness - level 3)
- OTG USB flash drives automount support FAT32 (use stick mount if you have issues with other FS)
- CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
- Kexec (multirom) full support
- Faux Sound Control, with In-call and headphone volume controls (must use FauxSound beta app v1.2.3 and up)
- doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, Increase battery charging current to use higher input current on AC mode, proprietary charger detection
- init.d support (busybox run-parts required), Kernel cleaner script
- Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manager (do this if you have trouble in Lollipop), TricksterMOD, Device Control, Kernel Tweaker, Franco Display Control and FauxSound Control
- Featured on Rom Directory by @tFrost
Download latest Code_Blue Kernel zip, flash in recovery and profit
No mirrors allowed. Don't post hardlinks, use original links.
Changelog is available @ website on github link.
Builds are coded as follows:
- Releases build with latest Linaro Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.3 (probably weekly).
For KK the last build is r450
For Lollipop 5.0.* last build is r884
Warning: If you come from other kernel, you must dirty flash your ROM before flashing Code_Blue zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> Boot device and install busybox -> flash Code_Blue.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
In case you want to use F2FS you need to know this:
- fstab uses multi mount points in primary ROMs
- In case you want to use f2fs, I recommend using just for RW partitions (data & cache), because system needs selinux permissive and Code_Blue will be always enforcing by default
- Keep in mind that converting from ext4 to f2fs or vice versa in data partition, it will delete all your sdcard data! Backup before you do it!
- Using ext4 or f2fs in system is pretty much the same, prefer ext4 in RO partitions because has nice performance and it is compatible with new update_block ROMs
- If you have issues with Code_Blue in secondary ROMs on F2FS Data partitions (or want a F2FS-all setup in primary), just flash this zip after the kernel Code_Blue-F2FS_patch_hammerhead
If you like my work and wish to donate, just hit one of the buttons:
Thanks to @franciscofranco, @faux123, @LaboDJ @show-p1984, @flar2, @anarkia1976, @stratosk, @neobuddy89, @myfluxi, @Christopher83, @Cl3Kener, @hellsgod
Special thanks to @DariosF and @ciprianruse88, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and art.
Awesome graphics and design by @ciprianruse88