[KERNEL] [KK 4.4.4 AOSP/CAF] [Code_Blue r414] [Linaro 2014.09 Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.2]

Today, 05:09 AM   |  #4431  
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 687

1,688 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk

You mean download link in OP?
Works fine...

Weird... logs?

There's no need for that... there's something with your setup mate

What ROM is DU? Don't know that one.

Sent from my Code_Blue Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I made several reboots so I doubt that my current logs are gonna help somehow. I'll wait so it appears again (I managed to get that after “updating android” screen when it got rather warm. Then it cooled down but didn't remove CPU freq limit. Synapse changed it on boot to 80 degs, maybe that's the reason. The CPU itself was 65. After cooling down - less than 50.).

Sent from Nexus 5 using garbage^W Tapatalk
Last edited by Gallardo994; Today at 05:20 AM.
Today, 10:07 AM   |  #4432  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,443

2,255 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddvilzz

DU is for Dirty Unicorn Rom @eng.stk.

People in LS rom saying that your r414 doesn't seems to work anymore with the recent builds of LS maybe do you have any idea on what's causing the problem? I'm using the 15/9 build with 414 and it still works though. I'm not sure is it the kernel or the ROM itself so I tried to ask here just to clarify

Why is always a kernel not compatible with a ROM and not the other way around?
If that ROM is AOSP ( or CAF now too) it should work. Unless they did weird RAMdisk changes.
Also, delete any /etc/init.d scripts you have on that LS ROM, maybe that's it

EDIT: looks like that ROM is using F2FS from some versions on. You need to format system, data, cache and dalvik in ext4.
They have a script that should detect the partition FS. I don't support F2FS in my kernels.
You can use also a updater-script from that ROM builds that were working (change the file in zip, flash ROM, delete init.d scripts, flash Code_Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo994

I made several reboots so I doubt that my current logs are gonna help somehow. I'll wait so it appears again (I managed to get that after “updating android” screen when it got rather warm. Then it cooled down but didn't remove CPU freq limit. Synapse changed it on boot to 80 degs, maybe that's the reason. The CPU itself was 65. After cooling down - less than 50.).

Sent from Nexus 5 using garbage^W Tapatalk

Well maybe the values got applied in between UKM sets, because these days I flashed a couple of ROMS, change to ART (with clean ROM without t all my apps restored, which is a good practice to stress less the device) and temps went up and down nicely, reset after nicely too.
Last edited by eng.stk; Today at 10:35 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 11:26 AM   |  #4433  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 22

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddvilzz

But some unofficial build from the LS blue commit still showing not working in the latest version though

there were a couple of LS Blood builds which re-formatted /system partition to f2fs (you can easily check an update-script)
latest 01-10 build introduced script to check what filesystem your /system partition use and act accordingly

mount | grep -q 'system type f2fs'
SYSTEM_F2FS=$?
if [ $SYSTEM_F2FS -eq 0 ]; then
mkfs.f2fs /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
elif [ $SYSTEM_F2FS != 0 ]; then
mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
fi

as simple as that
Last edited by nezlobnyj; Today at 11:31 AM.
Today, 12:11 PM   |  #4434  
Thanks Meter: 487

1,064 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlobnyj

there were a couple of LS Blood builds which re-formatted /system partition to f2fs (you can easily check an update-script)
latest 01-10 build introduced script to check what filesystem your /system partition use and act accordingly

mount | grep -q 'system type f2fs'
SYSTEM_F2FS=$?
if [ $SYSTEM_F2FS -eq 0 ]; then
mkfs.f2fs /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
elif [ $SYSTEM_F2FS != 0 ]; then
mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
fi

as simple as that

Ah, the cancer is spreading. Now other devs are wasting time on personal/unofficial builds.
There's a reason liquid hasn't put out a build recently, but some can't wait so there are others building and sharing.
And that's the problem, not your kernel. You really shouldn't bother, I'm sure you have plenty enough on your plate already.
Today, 12:20 PM   |  #4435  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 329

1,639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk

Why is always a kernel not compatible with a ROM and not the other way around?
If that ROM is AOSP ( or CAF now too) it should work. Unless they did weird RAMdisk changes.
Also, delete any /etc/init.d scripts you have on that LS ROM, maybe that's it

EDIT: looks like that ROM is using F2FS from some versions on. You need to format system, data, cache and dalvik in ext4.
They have a script that should detect the partition FS. I don't support F2FS in my kernels.
You can use also a updater-script from that ROM builds that were working (change the file in zip, flash ROM, delete init.d scripts, flash Code_Blue)

Well maybe the values got applied in between UKM sets, because these days I flashed a couple of ROMS, change to ART (with clean ROM without t all my apps restored, which is a good practice to stress less the device) and temps went up and down nicely, reset after nicely too.

Well if I know about kernel and ROM compatibility maybe I will explain that here :P

Some of them said they already delete the init.d from the previous version but still bootloop on their part.

Thanks for the solution maybe I will share it in the LS thread and see if it will help them out.

EDIT: how to format the partition back to Ext4? Just format all of it while clean flashed the rom? Or do I need some tools or script for that?
Last edited by reddvilzz; Today at 12:25 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code_blue, kernel, linaro, purified, purity
Previous Thread Next Thread