5,603,729 Members 37,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MultiROM][14.04][4.4.2 base] Ubuntu Touch on Nexus 5 testing builds [LINK UP]

Tip us?

Snoop05
Old
Thanks Meter 463
nello92 , can you please make that list?
Quote:
Working/Not working
Google Nexus 5 32GB D820 (hammerhead)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 01-Apr
KERNEL: TeamAT Next v0.11c 3.4.84 23-Mar
[TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer
[MOD] NEW Adreno libs for JellyBean MR1 4.2 WORKING!
Previous devices: AT&T SAMSUNG Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727, HTC Sensation (Pyramid), HTC HD2 (Leo), Nokia N95, Sony Ericsson K550i, Sony Ericsson K510i, Sony Ericsson K300i, Nokia 5510

akira.pwr
Old
Thanks Meter 77
When you will release a new build, how do we know it? You will put a date or a number? I like UT on my N5, hoping you will fix more bugs.

flex360
Old
Thanks Meter 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
When you will release a new build, how do we know it? You will put a date or a number? I like UT on my N5, hoping you will fix more bugs.
never ask for eta
just be patient

akira.pwr
Old
Thanks Meter 77
it's not an eta, it's a question to how to recognize the new version, I'm very patient

Inviato dal mio alien_jolla_bionic

LeJolly
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex360 View Post
never ask for eta
just be patient
The guy wasn't asking for ETA...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to LeJolly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gd6noob
Old
(Last edited by gd6noob; 4th March 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex360 View Post
never ask for eta
just be patient
Quote:
it's not an eta, it's a question to how to recognize the new version, I'm very patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJolly View Post
The guy wasn't asking for ETA...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
He wasnt asking for ETA
White Google Nexus 5 32GB - Rooted

akira.pwr
Old
Thanks Meter 77
No, I wasn't, I'm sorry for my bad english.

jjhiza
Old
Thanks Meter 2415
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwalburn View Post
I ran the dist upgrade through adb shell and now my phone won't boot. Any ideas anyone? I've tried holding power and power+ volume up.

UPDATE:
I got it to boot into bootloader eventually and had to reflash my main rom and multiboot. Unfortunately I can't boot Ubuntu touch now for some strange reason.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Maybe I'm out of the loop here, since I won't run this until it's stable, but it's been my experience with Linux that running dist upgrade is always a bad idea. I'm not sure what repo UT pulls from, but running dist upgrade may be trying to pull packages from the Ubuntu 13.10 mainline repos, which is definitely going to break the install.

The fact that you can't boot or flash again, seems to indicate that dist upgrade nuked your partition, and it needs to be formatted again. I'm not sure if your recovery (or multirom) has a formatting option though... I'm speaking solely based on my trials and errors with various Linux distributions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 Requiem 4.0 Alpha + Monarch Alpha 5
Galaxy Nexus Requiem 3.1 BLE retired

rockynewsmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhiza View Post
Maybe I'm out of the loop here, since I won't run this until it's stable, but it's been my experience with Linux that running dist upgrade is always a bad idea. I'm not sure what repo UT pulls from, but running dist upgrade may be trying to pull packages from the Ubuntu 13.10 mainline repos, which is definitely going to break the install.

The fact that you can't boot or flash again, seems to indicate that dist upgrade nuked your partition, and it needs to be formatted again. I'm not sure if your recovery (or multirom) has a formatting option though... I'm speaking solely based on my trials and errors with various Linux distributions.

It is listed in the instructions to run dist upgrade that's why he did it, but yes u are correct sometimes dist upgrade can mess up things like kernel, drivers, etc

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to rockynewsmaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dennes544
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynewsmaster View Post
It is listed in the instructions to run dist upgrade that's why he did it, but yes u are correct sometimes dist upgrade can mess up things like kernel, drivers, etc

Maybe already asked, but i ask again. Where i can get device tree to build UT14.04 myself?

Tags
canonical, google, nexus 5, touch, ubuntu