[RECOVERY][All-F2FS] TWRP-220.127.116.11 with All-F2FS support [10/05/14]
TWRP-18.104.22.168 with "All-F2FS" support
NOTE: I don't have a Nexus 5 to test this. It should work.
Please report back.
I have modified the standard TWRP recovery to work with F2FS partitions.
This is for "All-F2FS" that mean that /system, /cache and /data are formatted with F2FS.
Keep in mind that this can work only with a compatible kernel and ROM.
What is F2FS
F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.
- FormatPartitions.zip: Here (It is named mako but work on N5 too)
- TWRP-recovery img: Here
- 10/05/14: Fix TWRP
- 08/05/14: Initial release
Here are some explanations. Read them
Recovery has the usual red back key to remember you that you are using a F2FS-recovery.
If wiping /system and /cache and making a factory reset from Wipe menu doesn't work, use FormatPartitions.zip. (<- READ THIS)
Instead wiping /data is fine within the wipe menu.
To switch your /system, /cache and /data partitions to F2FS follow instructions:
Keep in mind that you will lose all the files on the memory of your N5.
- Two files you can download above (img and FormatPartitions.zip)
- A ROM with "All-F2FS" support
(One way to make your ROM is with Convert To F2FS
- GApps (i think you want PlayStore.) Usual GApps. Slim AiO
- Copy a ROM with "All-F2FS" support to your N5
- Copy GApps to your N5
- Copy FormatPartitions.zip to your N5
- Reboot in bootloader
- Flash this recovery with Fastboot (Maybe Flashify works too)
- Reboot in new recovery
- Flash FormatPartitions.zip
- Reboot recovery (It's needed for some reasons..)
- Flash ROM
- Flash GApps
- Go to Wipe Menu and Format Data (Not a simple wipe)
It's easier than it seems
To restore partitions to stock:
- dennes544 (All-F2FS Recovery is based on his Recovery)
If you want to support me, buy me a beer Here
Convert Standard ROM to All-F2FS ROM
with Convert To F2FS