5,593,401 Members 36,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Active Display or Lockscreen Notifications??
Active Display 258 29.42%
Lockscreen Notifications 496 56.56%
i'm a feature nazi.. NEITHER! 123 14.03%
Voters: 877. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.2] organized, clean, fast.

Tip us?

PrimeDirective
Old
(Last edited by ApriliaM3; Today at 03:33 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3773

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQ_ View Post
[CENTER]Hey fellas.

Here is my Vanir nightly. 100% unmodified, except I used the command:
mka bacon WITH_DEXPREOPT=true

because it dexes all the apks, which, in turn, slightly increases overall speed.

"Dexes"? Do you even know what odexing does? This doesn't make anything faster at runtime and there's a reason custom ROMs are not odexed. In fact, we removed the option to build it entirely from our lunch source because it was casuing problems with certain gapps packages, art, and theming.

By the way I don't recall give you permission to post builds in my thread and then ask for donations ~4 posts later. If you want to contribute to our source by all means go ahead-- we're open sourced and ALL are welcome to. If you want to be on the team-- then by all means put the time in making legitimate contributions, learn some more about doing this, and there's an open invitation to you. We'll even set you up with free hosting. Otherwise just because you figured out how to compile someone else's source doesn't give you team vanir developer status which would entitle you to enough respect from me to consider my threads your threads. To put things in perspective for you ive spending about 10-20 hours a week at least for the past 2 years learning about this stuff. Don't you find that showing me this level of decency could possibly be a little insulting?
If you like my work.. send me a beer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TrainNanpaMaster
Old
(Last edited by TrainNanpaMaster; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 174
Prime or Styr - perhaps you can help me out with such a noobish question. Recently, because of the slight absence of Vanir nightlies, I've been flashing Commotio. However, he appears to have altered the UI of some apps like clock and contacts. In contacts, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add a new person because the ad feature in the UI is removed.(just appears to be forced full screen). Is there something I'm missing?

sent from the back of a prancing, magical unicorn.

aoaleman
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainNanpaMaster View Post
Prime - perhaps you can help me out with such a noobish question. Recently, because of the slight absence of Vanir nightlies, I've been flashing Commotio. However, he appears to have altered the UI of some apps like clock and contacts. In contacts, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add a new person because the ad feature in the UI is removed.(just appears to be full screen). Is there something I'm missing?

In People, is there a button to add a contact in the center at the bottom?

TrainNanpaMaster
Old
(Last edited by TrainNanpaMaster; Yesterday at 11:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoaleman View Post
In People, is there a button to add a contact in the center at the bottom?
No, that's the problem. In Vanir yes. In Commotio, it's mysteriously gone. There isn't even a menu key shown anywhere within the app (that I can see), nor on the nav bar (even when menu key is forced with the likes of say...gravity box). It tee'd me off so much, that I reverted from the Commotio 13th, back to the Vanir tenth, lol. And yeah, I realize there's other contacts apps on Google Play, but the standard Android one is the best, IMO.

aoaleman
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
No, that's the problem. In Vanir yes. In Commotio, it's mysteriously gone. There isn't even a menu key shown anywhere within the app (that I can see), nor on the nav bar (even when menu key is forced with the likes of say...gravity box).

Wow, hope you're able to figure it out.

Circaflex
Old
(Last edited by Circaflex; Today at 01:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 382
Quote:
No, that's the problem. In Vanir yes. In Commotio, it's mysteriously gone. There isn't even a menu key shown anywhere within the app (that I can see), nor on the nav bar (even when menu key is forced with the likes of say...gravity box). It tee'd me off so much, that I reverted from the Commotio 13th, back to the Vanir tenth, lol. And yeah, I realize there's other contacts apps on Google Play, but the standard Android one is the best, IMO.

B65 4/14 doesnt have this issue, add contact is visible for me, just noticed the 4/15 build is currently uploading to servers may as well wait and see if that fixes it for you.

4/14 does crash with camcorder though
Lets work together to make hammerhead the one device for all carriers

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

kufikugel
Old
(Last edited by kufikugel; Today at 02:19 AM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 13856

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
Actually I forgot about privacy guard.. I did originally add your privacy guard stuff but nuclearmistake reverted it (against my wishes) and brought it back inline with cyanogenmod's... did their version come from you? I'll have to double check and update the license block to reflect this. Notification background frameworks commit was pretty much entirely rewritten but you're correct i didn't know these featuers came from you. The joys of team mates not talking about stuff \_(ツ)_/
Yes cm's privacy guard manager and google dialer are from us. That's why you have the license in

Though cm integrated now some caf changes into it. Tbh not a big fan of it how it went. Actual slim version is different from cms now....both teams developed basically in different directions on privacy guard after the initial commit.

Whatever for me personally it is not that important where a feature comes from. I have more the wish that improvements and changes other teams are doing on a feature can be in cooperated back. Simply to get more and better quality other view points etc etc.

Only problem is that does often not work out lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Devices: Nexus 5 - hammerhead - SlimKAT

If you like my work or think I have helped
simply buy me a beer or hit the thanks button
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kufikugel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PrimeDirective
Old
Thanks Meter 3773

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Prime or Styr - perhaps you can help me out with such a noobish question. Recently, because of the slight absence of Vanir nightlies, I've been flashing Commotio. However, he appears to have altered the UI of some apps like clock and contacts. In contacts, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add a new person because the ad feature in the UI is removed.(just appears to be forced full screen). Is there something I'm missing?

hey bud sorry i haven't actually checked out commotio in a few weeks. i also haven't even synced my source since i added orientation dependency to immersive desktop. I had a really crazy weekend. You can message derek hunter derekh82@gmail.com and he'll probably get back to you when he has free time.

PrimeDirective
Old
Thanks Meter 3773

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kufikugel View Post
Yes cm's privacy guard manager and google dialer are from us. That's why you have the license in

Though cm integrated now some caf changes into it. Tbh not a big fan of it how it went. Actual slim version is different from cms now....both teams developed basically in different directions on privacy guard after the initial commit.

Whatever for me personally it is not that important where a feature comes from. I have more the wish that improvements and changes other teams are doing on a feature can be in cooperated back. Simply to get more and better quality other view points etc etc.

Only problem is that does often not work out lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

agreed. I know one thing specifically that didn't lol. This is why i remain interested only in open source. Too bad others don't learn to create new stuff from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

styr
Old
Thanks Meter 737

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

That doesn't ring any bells, but I haven't tried commotio in a while. Your best bet is to post the issue on our G+ community and surely DHO will have an answer for you.

L.E. Just saw primes post, you can do that too:P