5,604,443 Members 47,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Active Display or Lockscreen Notifications??
Active Display 271 29.88%
Lockscreen Notifications 507 55.90%
i'm a feature nazi.. NEITHER! 129 14.22%
Voters: 907. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.2] organized, clean, fast.

Tip us?
 
m0bstr
Old
#1841  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 481
Join Date: Jul 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
This is the problem I'm having
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398141385939.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	2701104  
 
ioos
Old
#1842  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jul 2010
Have you tried rebooting? I've had that issue when the ROM was booted for the first time. After rebooting once it has never failed.

Also, it might not be necessary anyway. I think Vanir includes a hosts file with ads already blocked. Maybe someone can confirm? It doesn't say in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to ioos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Gipjoe
Old
#1843  
Gipjoe's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gonna check for FC's on video camera on 04/22. Will provide log cats if it is the case. OFF TO FLASHING AGAIN YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAW!
Black LG Nexus 5 16 GB : Vanir Aosp, Linaro Kernel undervolted to 700, Updated Aderno drivers, and Jinshu camera mod.
 
PrimeDirective
Old
#1844  
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3800
Posts: 1,648
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipjoe View Post
Gonna check for FC's on video camera on 04/22. Will provide log cats if it is the case. OFF TO FLASHING AGAIN YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAW!
it would be a lot more useful for you to find the exact date the problem occured rather than testing if it was fixed considering none of us have fixed it yet
If you like my work.. send me a beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
szucsgf
Old
#1845  
szucsgf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3293
Posts: 1,867
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
it would be a lot more useful for you to find the exact date the problem occured rather than testing if it was fixed considering none of us have fixed it yet
Done. Clean flashed 5 successive builds from early April.

0401 nightly - camcorder works
0403 nightly and after - camcorder force close.
There was no 0402.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to szucsgf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PrimeDirective
Old
#1846  
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3800
Posts: 1,648
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by szucsgf View Post
Done. Clean flashed 5 successive builds from early April.

0401 nightly - camcorder works
0403 nightly and after - camcorder force close.
There was no 0402.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


yea.. i have a couple people building test builds with some things reverted. won't be much longer. wish i could have gotten some work done on the features today but had to fix tethering and then work on this.
If you like my work.. send me a beer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PrimeDirective
Old
#1847  
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3800
Posts: 1,648
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
**** this. this is probably the most annoying thing in the world. I have to wait over an hour just to test a single change because i don't have an SSD. what a waste of my entire day.
If you like my work.. send me a beer.
 
burnnhell
Old
#1848  
burnnhell's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francisco

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
**** this. this is probably the most annoying thing in the world. I have to wait over an hour just to test a single change because i don't have an SSD. what a waste of my entire day.
Well we all appreciate the time you put in for sure!

6JH21045TS9186604

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to burnnhell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PrimeDirective
Old
#1849  
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3800
Posts: 1,648
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnnhell View Post
Well we all appreciate the time you put in for sure!

6JH21045TS9186604

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


thank you again brother. this is going straight to my SSD fund. it's definitely time to invest in one.

I found the problem btw... it was a global cflag introduced that provided a massive improvement in benchmarks so now I gotta find the regression override the flag locally. sigh lol
If you like my work.. send me a beer.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PrimeDirective For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ha789di
Old
#1850  
ha789di's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 108
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kazeroon
Are gesture lockscreen included?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes