adaptive status bar color (iOS7-like)

Search This thread

demez.

Nov 30, 2012
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if it was possible to set up the status/notification bar to adapt its colour to the top bar of the app I'm using. Like iOS7, just to clarify.

I've read this is supported by the stock version of KitKat, but it has to be activated by the developers of each app, because it's a "transparency" more than a proper colour switch.

Are there other ways to do it?

Thank you very much

LudoGris

Feb 11, 2009
New Hampshire
I think you are looking for this. In using it currently. Love it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2457265

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1 to this. Works great. Only a few apps that I have found so far that don't do it. If the top of the app has graphics instead of a solid color.

My only issue is at this point it doesn't work for the battery. Most changes aren't working for the battery yet. Gravity xposed can change it, but it still won't change the color on the status bar yet.

a4ema3uq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KyleKatastrophe

anthonyly

Apr 20, 2012
doesn't seem to work for me even after i installed it...

unless i did it wrong

nvm.... it just seems like alot of apps just dont work with it

aeppacher

Apr 14, 2012
doesn't seem to work for me even after i installed it...

unless i did it wrong

nvm.... it just seems like alot of apps just dont work with it

You can set the colors custom for each app. I get the majority of apps to work with it unless they set a gradient or picture as the background for their actionbar.

Daniel 07

Aug 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Yeah that module works great, too bad the status bar becomes flashy-white when changing, that's really distracting and gives a sort of "bug" feeling to the feature.

Hope it will be addressed soon :D

JuannTwo3

Mar 12, 2012
My only complaint is that if I have an app open, when I lock the screen the color of the status bar still shows through
a4epedej.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
It breaks the transparent bar on GEL.

Gah. It won't let you set it as transparent in the module's options??? I uninstalled GEL as soon as Nova beta was available as I don't use Google Now so I don't know. It broke the transparent status bar on Nova too but I was able to use the module to force transparency on my home screens. You have to manually set it as transparent and not have it set to auto detect.

Last edited:

bsis

Feb 11, 2014
hi

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if it was possible to set up the status/notification bar to adapt its colour to the top bar of the app I'm using. Like iOS7, just to clarify.

I've read this is supported by the stock version of KitKat, but it has to be activated by the developers of each app, because it's a "transparency" more than a proper colour switch.

Are there other ways to do it?

Thank you very much

you could use tinted status bar latest version-xposed module, it works great.
check out the thread...
hope it helped you, if click thanks...

LeJolly

May 29, 2013
Chameleon engine does this

Daihogo

May 1, 2010
Aachen
tinted statusbar and kitkat/GEL:

"It also allows you to have the KitKat gradient on devices that support this module, use 66000000 as the color to achieve that"

LeJolly

May 29, 2013
I downloaded this as I had never heard of it before reading your post.
I'm assuming chameleon engine only works for the stock status bar and nav buttons?

Not sure, but it's built-in in thinkingbridge ROM and I can tell you it works in that ROM

Top Liked Posts