[BOOTANIMATION] Android L 60FPS 1080p

Search This thread

Curiousn00b

Thanks a lot man, I have a little request:

could you make a flashable zip of this version as well?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58190179&postcount=52

Thank you so much :)
If you want to learn, it's pretty simple. ;)

1st, you need Win-RAR or 7-Zip. Next, you rename it to bootanimation.zip, open the flashable zip, and replace it with the bootanimation you want flashable.

In other words, thanks. [emoji14] I didn't know there was a fixed version. I really love this compared to the lower quality one. I'll make a flashable if you can't do it, unless someone beats me to it. [emoji14]

EDIT: Flashable zip added for the gap-less version at the start of the bootanimation, credits to @The-Droidster @guerreromanuel

This appears to be the Bigger version that looks better on tablets. Going to attempt it myself to fix the smaller version.

I managed to edit the smaller version as well. Created 2 flashable zips for both with no gap at the start. I now know how to edit the desc.txt file in bootanimations now too. :D

IMHO, the smaller version looks better, and it's the same size as the one that comes with our Nexus 5.

Last edited:

provolinoo

Nov 19, 2010
Milano

1st, you need Win-RAR or 7-Zip. Next, you rename it to bootanimation.zip, open the flashable zip, and replace it with the bootanimation you want flashable.

In other words, thanks. [emoji14] I didn't know there was a fixed version. I really love this compared to the lower quality one. I'll make a flashable if you can't do it, unless someone beats me to it. [emoji14]

EDIT: Flashable zip added for the gap-less version at the start of the bootanimation, credits to @The-Droidster @guerreromanuel

This appears to be the Bigger version that looks better on tablets. Going to attempt it myself to fix the smaller version.

I managed to edit the smaller version as well. Created 2 flashable zips for both with no gap at the start. I now know how to edit the desc.txt file in bootanimations now too. :D

IMHO, the smaller version looks better, and it's the same size as the one that comes with our Nexus 5.

Thanks a lot for the zip :D
I'm using it on OnePlus One (5.5 at 1080p) and it looks great

VVMM

Feb 22, 2010
Bucharest
Just updated to the latest cm12 nightly (with white bootanimation) and now the colored flying dots, before the "android" word appears, do not show up. Instead, only the "android" word is showing up and it stays so until boot is finished. Has something changed in CM? Do I need to modify something in the zip?

guerreromanuel

Jan 19, 2013
Just updated to the latest cm12 nightly (with white bootanimation) and now the colored flying dots, before the "android" word appears, do not show up. Instead, only the "android" word is showing up and it stays so until boot is finished. Has something changed in CM? Do I need to modify something in the zip?

No idea, ask CM12 devs. :eek:

Eelviny

Mar 31, 2012
LG Nexus 5X
Xiaomi Poco F1

Had the same problem too - Have you checked the permissions of the zip when you put it in? It needs to have 644 permissions, or -rw-r--r--.
WOui0pGl.png

If it has the wrong permissions, it goes to the default boot animation, which in this case is an "android" word.

Do I just flash in recovery?
What steps do take to make this as my boot animation?
I have a Nexus 5 :D

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you. I've used this on lots of friends' Androids when I root and install custom ROMs for them.

The big version is a nice option.

Paypal donation sent.
Confirmation number: 7FC919340W2624237.

Last edited:

guerreromanuel

Jan 19, 2013
Thank you. I've used this on lots of friends' Androids when I root and install custom ROMs for them.

The big version is a nice option.

Paypal donation sent.
Confirmation number: 7FC919340W2624237.

I'm happy that you like it. Lots of thanks for the donation. I want to thank you for being the first donator so you will have all the characters of my new android game for free if you want. The game is Pollo Pollo, just tell me an email and that google account will not be charged for in-app purchases in my game.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After lots of hours (I accept donations) I did all the frames lost of the android L bootanimation, so now it goes at 60fps (it used to go at 30fps). The change is huge.

You have to install the zip with a free app like Boot Animations in the Play Store. Don't use recovery!

bootanimation.zip original 30fps (Thanks Google)
    30fps.gif

bootanimation60.zip improved 60fps
    60fps.gif

New liter versions! Two liter versions with the original size and with a resized bigger one

If you have a different screen size go to: General Thread

I've been a lot of hours working on this. I would thank a lot if you buy me a beer: Beers Received: 40
    Thanks a lot man, I have a little request:

could you make a flashable zip of this version as well?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58190179&postcount=52

Thank you so much :)

I think you got it. I am not working here so I won't do that animation that I will not use.
    But still you are asking people to donate. I dont want to be rude, but there are people that done much more complex and harder work then yours, and they didnt ask for money, or they just said: "donate button is there, you can donate if you like my work". But you are writing over and over that you wont work for free, you ask for money, then you will make a bootanimation. I know its hard to make what you made, but your statements and a way of dealing with this is insulting for other devs,themers etc which work for free and which work many many more days then you do. I spent a lot of hours into learning and theming galaxy 3, nexus s, galaxy s2, nexus 4, nexus 5, and you know how many times i asked to be paid? None. I did this for free, only remembering people where thanks button is. So its kinda lame to ask for a money - for bootanimation.. Also, overall, people really dont like when someone is demanding to be paid, especially on forums. Share your work, be genreous and kind, and it is more likely that people would make a donation. Please dont find this post offendive, its just a constructive criticism.

Sent from Pure Nexus 5
    That's fine, but he's asking about it in a real immature way. All the real developers here who accept donations do just that. They accept them when given. They don't expect them. Like Alen said, the developers will place a link, or they'll just have a donation link on their profile and not even post one in the thread. He's literally asking for donations. Look at his response on the last page!

"P.S.: if I received beers from now they are for the work already done. And they won't make me make the one you are asking."

In other words, I'll do what you ask if I get money for it. HOWEVER, since I've received $0 so far, any donations granted to me will be for all of my previous work so even if I get paid today I'm not going to do it until I get paid again...at least several times.

Scummy, IMHO. Donations are when someone sees the work you've done and appreciates it enough to give you a bit of money for it. Not even a lot, could just be a dollar or two, but it shows you support them enough to want to help out their financial situation or motivate them to keep going and doing what they're doing.

He's just straight up asking for money. Like one of those bums in the city that walks up to your car while you're stopped at a red light and cleans your windshield and expects payment for it. Like WTF, I didn't ask you to do that for me and you're going to expect compensation for it? At least here we can ignore the requests for $ without OP breaking my windows.

Maybe if he wants to get paid he should go out and find a JOB?! Or am I just crazy for thinking that? Developers just put a link and let it be. This guy has made specific mentions to donations a half dozen times in this thread. Plus his OP. Plus he is saying he won't even consider doing a 1080p version he won't use unless he gets paid enough for it. Oh but wait, even when he does get paid he won't even do it because that payment is going towards his old work. So once he gets at least a few more, he might, MAYBE consider it. Scummy. I haven't ever seen anyone on this site fishing for donations like him, lol.

And don't take this as thinking I do not support people who do hard work on XDA. You couldn't be more wrong. You literally cannot find a N5 kernel developer that I haven't either directly donated to or bought their app. I've donated to Mahdi on SEVERAL occasions. Same with a few other ROM developers here and in the GNex forums. TeamBlackOut. Countless CM7/9/10/11 themes on the Play Store... You get the picture. When I see all the actual HARD WORK and time some people put in to present such a well polished piece of software with such a high attention to detail and are humble enough not to ask anything at all, I really feel compelled to donate. This is the exact opposite. This guy makes more or less basic edits to a .zip file that Google created that took him probably no more than a few hours (shouldn't even be that long if he has the correct knowledge & tools) and he's expecting & refusing to continue until he gets paid. Pretty pathetic IMHO.
    Updated OP with new version (v3) that also works for purity users (and probably the rest of roms). Thanks to androcraze that made the fix.