Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Light Manager Compatibility

Tip us?

mckoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
Sorry, back again.

Just to clarify. If I set the Message and MMS settings in LM and use Textra, the LED will light up, but it doesn't cancel after I clear the notification. The LED will just keep flashing unless I restart LM.

Lightflow had a similar problem and they added a fix for the Nexus 5. I'm not sure what their code is, but the option is "Nexus 5 force LED reset"

If I add Textra as an app, then the LED works and stops after I clear the notification, but I can't use custom colors for contacts that way.
From Android 4.4 onwards, Google had tightened the security for messaging so there might be a situation where the LED notification from messaging app could not get cancelled especially for those who is using 3rd party messaging app.

I have decided to add a dedicated Textra notification LED in Light Manager on next version with notification by contact. Please check back later when I release the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to mckoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swat4samp
Old
Thanks Meter 304
I had issues with light flow app (led blinks after locking screen) but not with this This works perfect. However, i faced this bug with light flow app too. When i install this app, led notifications works fine, but if i uninstall this app, default led doesn't work anymore. Only after installing this app, then it starts working. Is this a bug @mckoo

Midknyte
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet!! Thank you so much!

mckoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat4samp View Post
I had issues with light flow app (led blinks after locking screen) but not with this This works perfect. However, i faced this bug with light flow app too. When i install this app, led notifications works fine, but if i uninstall this app, default led doesn't work anymore. Only after installing this app, then it starts working. Is this a bug @mckoo
What about restart your device after uninstalling the app?

swat4samp
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckoo View Post
What about restart your device after uninstalling the app?
Nope, didn't work As i said earlier, i tried with light flow app too, but still doesn't work after uninstalling that app and rebooting.