Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Light Manager Compatibility

Tip us?

mckoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
Sorry, back again.

Just to clarify. If I set the Message and MMS settings in LM and use Textra, the LED will light up, but it doesn't cancel after I clear the notification. The LED will just keep flashing unless I restart LM.

Lightflow had a similar problem and they added a fix for the Nexus 5. I'm not sure what their code is, but the option is "Nexus 5 force LED reset"

If I add Textra as an app, then the LED works and stops after I clear the notification, but I can't use custom colors for contacts that way.
From Android 4.4 onwards, Google had tightened the security for messaging so there might be a situation where the LED notification from messaging app could not get cancelled especially for those who is using 3rd party messaging app.

I have decided to add a dedicated Textra notification LED in Light Manager on next version with notification by contact. Please check back later when I release the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to mckoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swat4samp
Old
Thanks Meter 448
I had issues with light flow app (led blinks after locking screen) but not with this This works perfect. However, i faced this bug with light flow app too. When i install this app, led notifications works fine, but if i uninstall this app, default led doesn't work anymore. Only after installing this app, then it starts working. Is this a bug @mckoo

Midknyte
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet!! Thank you so much!

mckoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat4samp View Post
I had issues with light flow app (led blinks after locking screen) but not with this This works perfect. However, i faced this bug with light flow app too. When i install this app, led notifications works fine, but if i uninstall this app, default led doesn't work anymore. Only after installing this app, then it starts working. Is this a bug @mckoo
What about restart your device after uninstalling the app?

swat4samp
Old
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckoo View Post
What about restart your device after uninstalling the app?
Nope, didn't work As i said earlier, i tried with light flow app too, but still doesn't work after uninstalling that app and rebooting.

Midknyte
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just following up. I saw version 6.2 and installed it (uninstalled 6.1, reboot, installed 6.2, reboot).

The calendar notification worked on the first try after reboot.
Thanks for adding an entry for Textra. SMS notification worked on the first try. I still have to test the contact LED with one of my friends.

Thank you so much. This totally made my day.

Midknyte
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. Textra SMS contact notification works! Thanks again.