Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App Ops on L

Tip us?

g2uzer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Default App Ops on L

Is there a way to get app Ops on preview Android L?

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
i think thats a goner but I do know xprivacy will be updated for Android L. Its much better than App Ops for a very small amount.
The Following User Says Thank You to badboy47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g2uzer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy47 View Post
i think thats a goner but I do know xprivacy will be updated for Android L. Its much better than App Ops for a very small amount.
That requires xposed correct? If so I have read somewhere that he won't update it until Google releases the final version of Art I tried 2 different apps from the playsotore but no luck..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to g2uzer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2uzer View Post
That requires xposed correct? If so I have read somewhere that he won't update it until Google releases the final version of Art I tried 2 different apps from the playsotore but no luck..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
yep it requires xposed. I just tried installing it but its not compatible yet. If I find something, I will keep you posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to badboy47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lenny_kano
Old
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yep it requires xposed. I just tried installing it but its not compatible yet. If I find something, I will keep you posted.
App Ops works fine on Android L. Tested using my personal superuser mod that includes app ops, didn't change any of the code that worked fine on 4.4, so one of the other methods will surely work.
Lennox | Check out my apps in the Play Store
Former MIUI Australia & Xtreamer Mobile Developer
All-around Android nice guy
The Following User Says Thank You to lenny_kano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_kano View Post
App Ops works fine on Android L. Tested using my personal superuser mod that includes app ops, didn't change any of the code that worked fine on 4.4, so one of the other methods will surely work.
really? I am going to try it now! Thanks

lenny_kano
Old
Thanks Meter 677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
really? I am going to try it now! Thanks
The main difference is, I have baked the App Ops stuff into a Superuser apk which I have in /system/priv-app in my ROM. It's not a simple shortcut like a lot of the App Ops enabler apps.

Found via a quick Google: https://github.com/theblixguy/AppOps/tree/master/apk

Seems like this guy basically did the same thing. So grab the apk, push to /system/priv-app, set permissions to 664 (he recommends 777 which is not necessary but will also work), and reboot (might not even need to reboot).
Lennox | Check out my apps in the Play Store
Former MIUI Australia & Xtreamer Mobile Developer
All-around Android nice guy
The Following User Says Thank You to lenny_kano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_kano View Post
The main difference is, I have baked the App Ops stuff into a Superuser apk which I have in /system/priv-app in my ROM. It's not a simple shortcut like a lot of the App Ops enabler apps.

Found via a quick Google: https://github.com/theblixguy/AppOps/tree/master/apk

Seems like this guy basically did the same thing. So grab the apk, push to /system/priv-app, set permissions to 664 (he recommends 777 which is not necessary but will also work), and reboot (might not even need to reboot).
Thanks! I will try this tonight. Hopefully everything should go well . My phone is rooted running L.

cerebeln
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Thanks! I will try this tonight. Hopefully everything should go well . My phone is rooted running L.
Someone has made it(by installing a shortcut-apk into /system/priv-app/ )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apppermission

There will be no difficulty for the AppOpsXposed to support L provided that Xposed works on the ART-only L.