5,598,779 Members 35,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] VSCO Cam - Camera app

Tip us?

jetlooper
Old
(Last edited by jetlooper; 4th December 2013 at 10:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [APP] VSCO Cam - Camera app

I now read about this app in a Phonearena article. Does anyone with a Nexus 5 want to try it ?
Just wanted to let you all know about this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vsco.cam

http://www.phonearena.com/news/One-o...ndroid_id49979

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Just tried it. It's alright. Not a lot of options in the camera itself. You have to go into the apps gallery to edit the photos, as well as export them into the main gallery of the device. Images look decent and capture seems quicker than stock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mi|enko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickwn88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Love it so far. A good amount of filters and plenty of tweaks. Played with it for a couple minutes at the bar last night and was satisfied with what I got: http://imgur.com/ml4deJx

prometheus1010
Old
Thanks Meter 10
It's a pretty nice app. The design has a slight learning curve as it's not quite holo and the back button behavior needs to be fixed. But the filters are excellent. They are much less destructive than the ones you see in instragram et al. VSCO has a very good reputation making pro level Lightroom presets which emulate specific film types.

mad4some
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Where is the zoom??? I didn't play w/ it much before I uninstalled, but I'll be damned if I could figure out how to zoom. I've tried a few cam apps so far, but still like stock better than this one........JMO.
Current Devices:
Nexus 7 (2) - SinLess ROM KK 3.2.2......it's awesome!!
Nexus 7 - BSZStockKat-KRT16O-1.0 (GF's tablet....)
Brand New Moto G / Stock 4.4.2 (for now) (GF's phone)........she loves me ya, ya, ya.........
Nexus 5 - Team Nocturnal / SinLess ROM Stock NIN Kernel

Recovery: TeamWin 2.6.0+ (all devices)

prometheus1010
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4some View Post
Where is the zoom??? I didn't play w/ it much before I uninstalled, but I'll be damned if I could figure out how to zoom. I've tried a few cam apps so far, but still like stock better than this one........JMO.
Just crop the photo after shooting. That is all digital zoom does anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to prometheus1010 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Anybody else have the problem where after you export an image to the gallery, the gallery crashes until you delete the image via a file browser?

definator
Old
(Last edited by definator; 8th December 2013 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
I dont get similar quality as with stock cam. Its worse compared to it. Am i doing something wrong?

Vsco cam

Stock cam

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Vsco

Stock

edit:

sadly tapatalk has too much compression in uploading pictures. u cant see the real difference in here

stock is much more sharper with nearly no noise. i have very much noise with this vsco app and cant get rid of it in the options