FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Best panorama taking app?

2,666 posts
Thanks Meter: 227
 
By Chad_Petree, Senior Member on 15th January 2014, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Which apps that take great panorama pictures would you recommend? It doesn't matter if I have to pay

The stock camera app takes low res panoramas, around 3 MP , the colors are washed out/weird , it's awful, just like the stock camera app itself, I mean, really google no 16:9 6 MP picture option? No 60 fps 1080p video? No burst mode? I could go on and on ...
 
 
15th January 2014, 11:15 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree

Which apps that take great panorama pictures would you recommend? It doesn't matter if I have to pay

The stock camera app takes low res panoramas, around 3 MP , the colors are washed out/weird , it's awful, just like the stock camera app itself, I mean, really google no 16:9 6 MP picture option? No 60 fps 1080p video? No burst mode? I could go on and on ...

I too want a better app...XD
15th January 2014, 12:18 PM |#3  
mr.b4rt's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
try ProCapture
16th January 2014, 07:25 PM |#4  
jimmygoska's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
My favorite is Cycloramic. Very good panoramas!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmygoska For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 09:18 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygoska

My favorite is Cycloramic. Very good panoramas!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1
16th January 2014, 10:59 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
What about spherical pictures?
The N5 cam does a bad job of stitching them together... Any suggestions?
16th January 2014, 11:41 PM |#7  
Chad_Petree's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.b4rt

try ProCapture

I didn't even bother downloading it, gingerbread style... what are devs thinking?? , thanks for trying tough
21st January 2014, 04:52 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
apps
I dont Use this type apps.. But want to know for future...
22nd January 2014, 02:04 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodleDoo

What about spherical pictures?
The N5 cam does a bad job of stitching them together... Any suggestions?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the stock app is the only one that does photosphere. I know Focal had some sort of spherical photo but I don't know how well it works. Anyway, photosphere stitches it well for me. Have you tried holding the phone in one place and simply tilting it? It won't work if if you just wave your phone around everywhere.
22nd January 2014, 02:58 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
noticed too the stock camera is terrible at panoramas... bad stitching and really low res...

Sent from my Nexus 7 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes