FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Bootanimation] >3 bootanimation by enricocid

3,145 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,463
 
By dankoman, Recognized Themer on 17th February 2014, 02:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is a repost of this closed thread. I fixed the bootanimation for @enricocid and made it work for you guys, as per @The_Droidster's request to me via pm.

In case anyone was wondering, I took care of the sluggishness of the boot animation by batch processing the images down to 60 dpi (from their previous 95 dpi). Also, I'm pretty sure what was making the original bootanimation freeze was a stray "thumbs.db" file in the part0 folder (usually happens in windows, needs to be manually removed once the bootanimation.zip is compiled).

PREVIEW:



Download attached zip (flashable via recovery)
Attached Files
File Type: zip enricocid_bootanim_fixed2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.84 MB, 1484 views)
Last edited by dankoman; 17th February 2014 at 03:44 PM.
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
EnricoD
17th February 2014, 03:22 PM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks ! really appreciate...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 03:25 PM |#3  
dankoman's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 18,463
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricocid

thanks ! really appreciate...

no problem! and feel free to take my zip package and reopen your original thread if you want.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
EnricoD
17th February 2014, 03:35 PM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman

no problem! and feel free to take my zip package and reopen your original thread if you want.

No no ... don't worry You did the fixes, you did the work.. xda users have to thank you! Thanks again.. i really love this bootanimation
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 04:31 PM |#5  
Galaxysm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mission
Thanks Meter: 606
 
More
Just a heads up for everyone still not working. It freezes and I had to reflash rom. Unless is just me .-.

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."
17th February 2014, 04:53 PM |#6  
dankoman's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 18,463
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysm

Just a heads up for everyone still not working. It freezes and I had to reflash rom. Unless is just me .-.

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."

freezes where? i tested it myself on my n5, and its working just fine. do you mind telling me where in the animation it is freezing?

can other people test too to see if it's an isolated issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 04:55 PM |#7  
Galaxysm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mission
Thanks Meter: 606
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman

freezes where? i tested it myself on my n5, and its working just fine. do you mind telling me where in the animation it is freezing?

can other people test too to see if it's an isolated issue?

Like at the last part "<3:" it just stood there. Or is it like that? It would b better if someone else also tested. I'm running PA beta5. And multiboot. With UT.

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."
17th February 2014, 05:29 PM |#8  
dankoman's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 18,463
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysm

Like at the last part "<3:" it just stood there. Or is it like that? It would b better if someone else also tested. I'm running PA beta5. And multiboot. With UT.

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."

it's supposed to loop back to the beginning (continuous loop). when you say yours freezes, does it eventually boot up android? or do you have to reset your phone?
17th February 2014, 05:31 PM |#9  
Galaxysm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mission
Thanks Meter: 606
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman

it's supposed to loop back to the beginning (continuous loop). when you say yours freezes, does it eventually boot up android? or do you have to reset your phone?

It doesn't boot into anything. Not into android or into the faces again. Sucks its a really good animation

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."
17th February 2014, 06:41 PM |#10  
dankoman's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 18,463
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysm

It doesn't boot into anything. Not into android or into the faces again. Sucks its a really good animation

Sent from my Nexus5™. On PA™.
" Nothing's ever locked..."

not sure how else to help you. nobody else seems to be having this problem... could be something to do with multirom? i'm not quite sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes