Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bootanimation.zip from "L" developer image preview

Tip us?

fergdizzle9090
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
On a PC, unzip the bootanimation. Use a photo editor of your choice, Photoshop, GIMP, or even MS Paint. Edit the color the circles of all the images how you'd like. Then use a program like 7zip to compress it back into a .zip file. Make sure when you're compressing it, you set the compression level from "Normal" to "Store" or the bootanimation won't work. It's actually pretty simple, just time consuming is all.
never knew it was that simple! thanks a ton! gunna find my fav boot and try it out! now i just need to figure out how to make my own icon set/theme and ill be golden

Lethargy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergdizzle9090 View Post
never knew it was that simple! thanks a ton! gunna find my fav boot and try it out! now i just need to figure out how to make my own icon set/theme and ill be golden
If you have Photoshop search up on batch actions. Manually doing images one by one in Paint, etc is silly and a waste of time lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
If you have Photoshop search up on batch actions. Manually doing images one by one in Paint, etc is silly and a waste of time lol.
True, but not everyone has money for Photoshop, or is willing to pirate it. It was just a general suggestion..
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1922

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, working well!
Team Inferno (Co-admin)

jordi.id96
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Nice boot animation!
Working well on n5 and n7 2013

ColdFire InOx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It's not flashing, it says error

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed.

rhamej
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz101 View Post
Looks like it's Purity ROM causing me problems. Tried a fresh install of the ROM and tried both the png and jpg versions and both had the slanted resolution issue.
A fresh install of cyanogenmod and the png one works properly.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

I'm not going to worry about it. I may stay on cm for a while. I do appreciate what you've done!
Found one that works on Purity. Replace the one in system/media and change permissions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AndroidL_Bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.42 MB, 33 views)