Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATION] LG G Watch Bootanimation for Nexus 5

Tip us?

dankoman
Old
(Last edited by dankoman; 4th June 2014 at 03:44 AM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,629

DONATE TO ME
Default [BOOTANIMATION] LG G Watch Bootanimation for Nexus 5

This is the leaked bootanimation from LG's G Watch, ripped from the youtube video the leaked system dump and ported over to the Nexus 5. Attached are two files. bootanimation.zip is just the bootanimation, if you want to push it to /system/media yourself. The other file is flashable in recovery. Please note this flashable zip overwrites the bootanimation.zip located in /system/media. Make a backup first if you wish.

Preview:

Enjoy!

edit: NO MORE FUZZINESS! updated to newer version ripped from system dump.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.51 MB, 1375 views)
File Type: zip LG_watch_bootanim_flashable_N5_v3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 1239 views)
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tylog
Old
(Last edited by Tylog; 3rd June 2014 at 01:35 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,220

DONATE TO ME
Thank you, looks great, use it on my second ROM 4.4.3 stock now.

Edit: looks like doesn't work correct with 4.4.3 , shows only android font. Test it now with Slim

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms
Team SlimRoms

Nexus 5 SlimKat 4.4.4 / GT-I9505 SlimKat 4.4.4 / OnePlus One
The Following User Says Thank You to Tylog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dankoman
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylog View Post
Thank you, looks great, use it on my second ROM 4.4.3 stock now.

Edit: looks like doesn't work correct with 4.4.3 , shows only android font. Test it now with Slim

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms
i didn't test it with 4.4.3. it definitely works on 4.4.2 though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miguepereira77
Old
(Last edited by miguepereira77; 3rd June 2014 at 02:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 360
Works great on stock+xposed. Beautiful!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Tylog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,220

DONATE TO ME
Yes, with 4.4.2 all is fine

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms
Team SlimRoms

Nexus 5 SlimKat 4.4.4 / GT-I9505 SlimKat 4.4.4 / OnePlus One
The Following User Says Thank You to Tylog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MidtownHD
Old
Thanks Meter 50
stock 4.4.3, works fine.
high res coming soon?
20Gb of free online storage from Copy https://copy.com?r=3pyuQL

dankoman
Old
(Last edited by dankoman; 3rd June 2014 at 05:31 PM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownHD View Post
stock 4.4.3, works fine.
high res coming soon?
Well I ripped it from the YouTube video of the leak, so that's as high res as it's gonna get until the G watch actually comes out and someone can rip the official boot animation from it.

As soon as that happens, feel free to let me know, and I'd be happy to make a higher res version.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turdbogls
Old
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman View Post
Well I ripped it from the YouTube video of the leak, so that's as high res as it's gonna get until the G watch actually comes out and someone can rip the official boot animation from it.

As soon as that happens, feel free to let me know, and I'd be happy to make a higher res version.
even then, the resolution of that watch isn't going to be anywhere NEAR as high as our 1080P displays....so its still going to be fuzzy.

someone with time and knowledge should just redo the animation in full 1080P. that person is not me....any takers ;P

very cool animation though.
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)

dankoman
Old
(Last edited by dankoman; 3rd June 2014 at 07:30 PM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
even then, the resolution of that watch isn't going to be anywhere NEAR as high as our 1080P displays....so its still going to be fuzzy.

someone with time and knowledge should just redo the animation in full 1080P. that person is not me....any takers ;P

very cool animation though.
higher res version is up right now. just updated the op with new download links.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dankoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MohammadAG
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,852

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankoman View Post
no, that's not entirely true. in many boot animations, smaller images than what you see are actually used for the frames. the resolution to be displayed resides in desc.txt within the boot animation, and the frames are scaled there. with the official boot animation, as long as the frames have a reasonable density and color depth, the distortion shouldn't be too noticeable when scaled from its native 280x280 (g watch's resolution) to 1080x1080.

the reason it looks like crap here is because i had to rip it from youtube. youtube video files use image compression similar to what you'd see in a JPG. bootanimations don't use jpgs, they use pngs, which use much better compression algorithms. the distortion takes place when the original bootanimation is converted into a video file (which most likely then undergoes even further compression by youtube).

for proof of this concept, just look at the youtube video i ripped it from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yks-GuClSJ8. this was the highest quality i was able to find. look at it up close - it's distorted pretty badly even in the video.

like i said, when the official boot animation becomes available, i'll definitely port it over so we can have a better quality boot animation
FWIW, the leaked system dump has the boot animation in /system/media:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06...up-on-youtube/
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]