Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATION] Nexus 5 Bootanimations Collection

Tip us?

androcraze
Old
(Last edited by androcraze; 28th August 2014 at 02:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
I added some Fireworks animations as well as some US military pride stuff. All are playing with scripting and proof-of concept.

The 3 fireworks bootanimations are from real fireworks videos. I was disappointed with the rendered fireworks animations available, and am very happy with what I was able to create for the N5.

The US service anims are slideshows with transitions between screens. It was fun trying to use as few images as possible and still get an effective slideshow. It ain't a pretty process, but I have a method now.

Perhaps a "Best in Show" tribute? Or cute little fwuzzy-wuzzy kittens? Awww....

I've also updated some of the original Admiral Potato Images (Cascading Tiles 3, DVDP Tributes, and Hexagonal Tunnel); the frames are a little-less squared, with smaller black bars on the top and bottom.

I've really been trying to fill up the screens, but some of the original frames just won't look good cropped on the sides. If I go overboard, the image loses its clarity and meaning. Hexagonal Tunnel is a prime example, with source frames at 1920x1920; if I crop the images to 1080x1920 (or to be more precise, 720x1280), it just doesn't look like a tunnel.

I'm seeing plenty of download on Mediafire, so folks are grabbing the stuff in this thread. That's just plain AWESOME!
Google Nexus 5 - AOSP RastaKat Vanilla - Check out my Nexus 5 Boot Animation collection HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androcraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

negativzeroe
Old
(Last edited by negativzeroe; 16th August 2014 at 06:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 108
This is awesome! Hey there is an older boot animation of the barbershop android. You think you can scale it to our screens? I would but I know nothing of animation lol.

Edit. This is the thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=999161
Quote:
Note to self: Don't trust an Android manufacturer that makes iPhone parts...
The Following User Says Thank You to negativzeroe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androcraze
Old
(Last edited by androcraze; 16th August 2014 at 09:01 PM.) Reason: Update Barbershop Status
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativzeroe View Post
This is awesome! Hey there is an older boot animation of the barbershop android. You think you can scale it to our screens? I would but I know nothing of animation lol.

Edit. This is the thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=999161

I haven't tested these yet, but you can play with them now. You get black, as the gray link didn't seem to work.

EDIT: The animation has been tested and added to post #2 in this thread.

Flashable:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xi...-flashable.zip

Manual install:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k...tanimation.zip
Google Nexus 5 - AOSP RastaKat Vanilla - Check out my Nexus 5 Boot Animation collection HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androcraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

negativzeroe
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Dude... Awesome!
Quote:
Note to self: Don't trust an Android manufacturer that makes iPhone parts...
The Following User Says Thank You to negativzeroe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androcraze
Old
(Last edited by androcraze; 22nd August 2014 at 12:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
An update since my last post.

Added the following:

Android Factory (AKA Robot Arm) - Added Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Yellow. Updated the original Blue
Nexus Beam
Nexus Flash
Nexus Flow
Droid RAZR M
Droid Bionic
Vaudeville (AKA Barbershop)

The Android Factory was a surprise; in addition to the 5 new colors, the originals I found had more main animation frames (105 vs. the 88 I had in my source). I adjusted the framerate a bit (from 25 fps to 18) to make the plasma cutter easier to see. My original was set to 15 fps:

15/88 ~ 18/105

The Vaudeville was a request. Normally, I'm against posting images or animations that "bash" other platforms or devices, but I felt it was tasteful and clever enough to be worthy.

The Nexus Beam, Flash, and Flow animations all represent the excellent work of PartimusPrime. They're all Nexus 4 animation variants. He does excellent work.

Please note that I'm shuffling links between Post #1 and #2.

Have fun, folks!
The Following User Says Thank You to androcraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androcraze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Default Added animations 2014-09-01

Added some new animations and did some shuffling.

Matrix-Blackout (White)
Matrix-Blue
Matrix Golden
Matrix-Orange
Matrix-Pink
Matrix-Skyblue
Reflective Spheres and Rotating Lights (by Admiral Potato)
Cold Weld

The Green and Red Matrix boot animations have been moved to Post#2, and the others Matrix animations added with them.

Enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to androcraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
boot animation, nexus 5