FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[BOOTANIMATION] Nexus 5 Bootanimations Collection

25th April 2015, 06:26 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
The part is nothing to do with your files. I looked in system/media. Something's missing. All there was is an audio file. What's in yours? After the splash screen I've got the AKOP android boot screen and I'm on stock rom! Can't find where it is otherwise I'd replace that. Thank you for your input,btw

Sent from my Nexus 5

26th April 2015, 12:23 AM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 389

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum0

The part is nothing to do with your files. I looked in system/media. Something's missing. All there was is an audio file. What's in yours? After the splash screen I've got the AKOP android boot screen and I'm on stock rom! Can't find where it is otherwise I'd replace that. Thank you for your input,btw

look in /data/local/

EDIT: If it's a really simple animation, it may be built into the framework; you can't remove that.

Android looks in this order:

/data/local/
/system/media/
framework

If it doesn't see an animation in /data/local/, it checks /system/media/, then it looks at framework-res.apk for the default. If you have different animations in each, it will play the first that it finds. Manually installing works for you, so I'd stay with that.
Last edited by androcraze; 26th April 2015 at 12:29 AM.
26th April 2015, 01:09 AM |#113  

More
I just got flashing working again.
Gonna load a few up as I do the same as you and TWR them regularly. BTW I have looked at the sites you got some from. There's some great stuff out there. Going to make that video with the screen recorder WHEN my GF let's me. Starts rolling her eyes when I'm "playing "with my phone, as she calls it you working on any new stuff?????

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to zerosum0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2015, 02:23 AM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 389

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum0

I just got flashing working again.
Gonna load a few up as I do the same as you and TWR them regularly. BTW I have looked at the sites you got some from. There's some great stuff out there. Going to make that video with the screen recorder WHEN my GF let's me. Starts rolling her eyes when I'm "playing "with my phone, as she calls it you working on any new stuff?????

Which ones? I'd love to add more, if you'd like specific ones. I'm very open to suggestions.

My goals for these animations are simple:
- Abandoned or "free"
- Scale well to the N5 display
- Are interesting, unique, and eye-catching
- I've avoided logos and device-specific animations (the exceptions of course are the Droid series)
- Nothing degrading, tasteless, or profane
- Fit withing the N5's 10-second boot time (from after the Google splash to Launcher)

Many of the old, old, JaeKar99 animations were for tiny screens and are like miniature postage stamps. They don't scale well at all. I've tried many, and most just looked like a disaster when re-sized. Some are also damn odd and didn't appear to accent the N5 or modern Android experience.

The DVDP, Admiral Potato, and Paolo Ceric ones are current and scale incredibly well. And they are jaw-dropping gorgeous. I've tried picking a sample that were unique and representative of the creativity of the author. Many from the same author are variations of an idea or concept; how many crumpled, spinning paper balls do you need? I could have a hundred or more additional animations in the collection, but I had to take a breather somewhere
26th April 2015, 06:19 PM |#115  

More
I see your point on spinning balls etc. I'll spend some time looking for stuff that fits your criteria. I like ones that make you want the thing to never boot!! Some are just on another level tiki the run of the mill. Like you say brands and tasteless have no place in your collection. Jrummys toolkit has a ton of abominations but I think you have saved the best. The blue corridor and machine azul,etc are on there. There is a couple on there id like .The two red dice rolling and the countdowns which have a post apocalypse look. I'll get the names and screen grabs as too have nothing like them. I had them on the nexus 4 and they were great. They would need scalping up a bit as I ran then on the nexus 5 bit they had a border. They still looked good do they she be scalable

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to zerosum0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot animation, nexus 5
Previous Thread Next Thread