Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change Dialer

Tip us?

nebulah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Lightbulb Change Dialer

The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calls and I don't use the local search...
The only thing I miss about my Samsung is the dialer and their awesome swipe left to text swipe right to call feature.

So is there anyway to change the dialer to a better one? or incorporate the swipe to call/text feature?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10026
Loads of dialers on play store

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

clavicle
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulah View Post
The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calls and I don't use the local search...
The only thing I miss about my Samsung is the dialer and their awesome swipe left to text swipe right to call feature.

So is there anyway to change the dialer to a better one? or incorporate the swipe to call/text feature?
Try exdialer, it incorporates all the swipe features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Primary device= Nexus 5
NEXUS 10 16gb
The Following User Says Thank You to clavicle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2216

DONATE TO ME
I've never actually tried a different dialer. Is it really necessary at all?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

unroot_
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I actually have the same problem. Is it possible to revert to the Jelly Bean AOSP dialer (and contacts)?

Bunk
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Try Dialer One: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aler.DialerOne
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nebulah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I completely forgot about dialers on the play store.

A themed exDialer is now my default app. It looks a little better than Dialer One though both solve my issues.

Much thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

HenryDCase
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulah View Post
The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calld
1. Tap the contact picture or icon and it will pop-up the individual contact card. From there you can edit the contact or use the other contact methods.

3. Tap on any entry on the call log and it will open a details page for that call. The menu button will appear and you have the option to delete that individual call from the log.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Nexus 5 on Sprint & Nexus 7 2012 wifi.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HenryDCase For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]