Ask a question

No registration required

Enabling always on Google now voice activation

OP lui5_torre5

5th August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

4 posts
So I've seen that the Moto x has the Touch less Control that allows the user to have the option to use their phone without even touching it. Little did I know that the same could be done with my Nexus 5. Just head to the Settings on the Google Now page at the bottom, then tap on "voice". From there, tap "OK Google detection". Afterwards you just have to train your voice 3 times and can now have the ability to activate Google now fro. Anywhere, including while the phone is sleeping, if you check the lock screen activation box. From there, you should now be able to use Google now from the lock screen without having to press the power button or from any application throughout your Nexus 5 or device that is running the Google Now Launcher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-11-33.png
Views:	492
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2885139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-11-45.png
Views:	484
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	2885140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-11-55.png
Views:	479
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	2885141  
Last edited by lui5_torre5; 5th August 2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Decided that the title didn't fit the posting quite well
The Following User Says Thank You to lui5_torre5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,228

13,590 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lui5_torre5

So I've seen that the Moto x has the Touch less Control that allows the user to have the option to use their phone without even touching it. Little did I know that the same could be done with my Nexus 5. Just head to the Settings on the Google Now page at the bottom, then tap on "voice". From there, tap "OK Google detection". Afterwards you just have to train your voice 3 times and can now have the ability to activate Google now fro. Anywhere, including while the phone is sleeping, if you check the lock screen activation box. From there, you should now be able to use Google now from the lock screen without having to press the power button or from any application throughout your Nexus 5 or device that is running the Google Now Launcher.

Only works in US English at present, and I'm sure this is common knowledge by now...
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

41 posts
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

Only works in US English at present, and I'm sure this is common knowledge by now...

also to use the "while sleeping" feature the device must be plug into a power source
Last edited by gangrel_82; 5th August 2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: quoted wrong
6th August 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,469

4,066 posts
More
Theres already a thread for this, and its hardly useful unless you enjoy battery drain.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread