Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FPSe Settings

Tip us?

Dolfan058
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default FPSe Settings

Posted this thread a year ago with the Nexus 7 2012, now it's time to revive it with the Nexus 5!

Additional horsepower (especially with Franco Kernel bumping the processor speed up to 3 GHz) means more settings can be left on as default.

Anyone have any ideas on optimal settings? There are some games that get specific settings, but there are some settings (Enhanced 3D Rendering) that we can turn on now regardless of the game because we have the horsepower to do so, unlike on other devices that run this app.

I'm noticing some strange artifacts in the battle menus of Breath of Fire 3 with OpenGL (at least I think I have OpenGL on), advanced rendering, 32 bit rendering, and qualcomm processor fix. Still trying to figure out what works best on here.

sand_dog
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I too have been wondering about the best settings for FPse on the N5. Been scouring the interwebs and can't find much on the topic. Just downloaded the app today. Loaded up FFVII, flipped some settings, and I seem to have messed something up because now it won't play when it did before. If anyone has any advice on the best settings for playing this game, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Jones_mcfuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
3ghz would be crazy with a phone.. But very tempting!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

[XIX]Secutor
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Hi guys! What settings are you using in opengl video mode? I'm trying to get rid of some glitches/slowdowns in Crash Team Racing, but so far I had no luck by randomly messing with opengl video settings
Tags
fpse, nexus 5, settings