Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tasker on Nexus 5

Tip us?

19android
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Tasker on Nexus 5

I am new to using Tasker and am using it on my Nexus 5. For those Nexus 5 users who are using Tasker, are you having any problems? Do you know if Tasker has been updated to fully work with 4.4? I have checked Tasker's wiki and the last update for 4.0+ is/was 6/17/2013.

Basically what I am getting at, as I am building profiles/tasks, I am trying to determine if/when my profile/task does not work, it is me or is it Tasker not being updated?

I have searched the Nexus 5 Themes and Apps forum here and did not see much mention regarding Tasker. I am posting here rather that Q&A as Tasker is an app.

I appreciate your help.
Mark

sebfar
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I use it. No problem for me

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sebfar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndrasLOHF
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Only issue I've run into so far is with the Secure Settings plug in not toggling gps on one of my profiles. Other than that all my other profiles work without issue.
Nexus 5 PandaTrooper on that Paranoid Frandroid!!!

Get your eargasm herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...droid-t2543796
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrasLOHF For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinicide
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasLOHF View Post
Only issue I've run into so far is with the Secure Settings plug in not toggling gps on one of my profiles. Other than that all my other profiles work without issue.
I also have issues with Secure Settings, but that's because Secure Settings hasn't been properly updated I believe.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9733
All my profiles work with Tasker. I had to change some of the complicated ones to reference different directory paths but otherwise fine. Secure Settings profile is working too, but thats to turn off pattern lock....
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

19android
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
All my profiles work with Tasker. I had to change some of the complicated ones to reference different directory paths but otherwise fine. Secure Settings profile is working too, but thats to turn off pattern lock....
Turning off pattern lock (I assume is the same as lock screen) is the problem I am having trying to get it to work.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19android View Post
Turning off pattern lock (I assume is the same as lock screen) is the problem I am having trying to get it to work.
I use Widgetlocker as my main lock screen. When I am not at home, I want the Android stock pattern lock behind it. When I am at home (triggered by WiFi connection) I want it off.

Pattern lock and lock screen are not the same. Pattern lock has it's own specific setting within Secure Settings.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndrasLOHF
Old
Thanks Meter 650
If you want to disable the basic lock screen go to Display/Keyguard and set it to off.
Nexus 5 PandaTrooper on that Paranoid Frandroid!!!

Get your eargasm herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...droid-t2543796
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrasLOHF For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

19android
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasLOHF View Post
If you want to disable the basic lock screen go to Display/Keyguard and set it to off.
Yes...I want to disable the basic lock screen. I did go to Display/Keyguard and set it to off for the task. I also set the exit task to on. I will try it out again when I get home.

MontAlbert
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Still trying to find a way for tasker to toggle LTE... secure settings lte toggle plugin only works on cm based roms..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
T-mobile G1- Sold
HTC Magic 32A- Sold
Nexus One- Sold
T-mobile HD2- Sold
HTC Inspire 4G- Backup phone
HTC Sensation- Sold due to HTC giving dev's the middle finger and dodgy build quality
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Sold due to crappy camera
LG Nexus 4 Given to the Missus
LG Nexus 5 Backup phone

OnePlus One Gotta love it- if only everyone could get one
follow me on Twitter