Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0

The post Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0 appeared first on … more

Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloader

more

Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” Summary

The post Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” … more

[GUIDE] Nexus 5 apps safe to remove

OP pWEN

30th December 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #21  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 193

1,411 posts
I think it's unwise to put a list of apps up you removed, due to personal taste. Other pple will rush in and find out they are missing what the rest of use call essential apps, like mail!
These lists should stick to unless stuff like logs etc. I froze g+ and lost my photo gallery. Took hunting with a rooted file reader to find the link. It was so similar to the effect of the bug in the LP release that many would blame that. We seem to have a massive influx of newbies who have no knowledge so be careful and backup FIRST!!
28th January 2015, 10:15 PM   |  #22  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 24

54 posts
More
What's unwise is removing apps without researching whether or not you should. There are many lists like this on XDA and in other places that are about removing any apps to clear up space. What can be considered "useless" is the real matter of personal taste. And I do warn people that they should FREEZE the apps first to see if anything breaks, and to MAKE BACKUPS before removing any apps. It's your responsibility and problem if you remove an app that breaks your phone. It's no different than installing a custom ROM or anything like that outside of the "intended use" of the device.

TL;DR - caveat emptor, or whatever "modder beware" would be in Latin
The Following User Says Thank You to pWEN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, bloatware, nexus, remove, safe
Previous Thread Next Thread