FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

[GUIDE] Nexus 5 apps safe to remove

Thanks Meter: 36

By pWEN, Member on 23rd January 2014, 11:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th March 2015, 05:41 PM |#31  
Flag Koper
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Well on stock you have the whole gapps package on system, but it's still strange that you had duplicates coming from stock rooted rom... Weird

If just removing the duplicates works for you then that's the fix I guess

12th March 2015, 08:03 PM |#32  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLine7

Well on stock you have the whole gapps package on system, but it's still strange that you had duplicates coming from stock rooted rom... Weird

If just removing the duplicates works for you then that's the fix I guess

Now I understand what happened. I came from a customized stock rom to a non-customized stock rom, hence the gapps in both system and data. But why does google put play store apps in system memory instead of data?
13th March 2015, 03:02 PM |#33  
Flag Koper
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobalu

Now I understand what happened. I came from a customized stock rom to a non-customized stock rom, hence the gapps in both system and data. But why does google put play store apps in system memory instead of data?

That's probably the cause then, yea

Well they put their apps in system since installing them on the data partition would use up user targeted space for apps, photos, music, etc.
13th March 2015, 03:35 PM |#34  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:

Stock, rooted. I just didn't wipe. Sounds kind of dirty. Ha ha.

I believe that's why it's called a "dirty flash".

Quote:

If I understand correctly, apps in /system have root access without having to ask permission and are considered part of the OS; companies like Verizon stick their bloatware in there so users can't uninstall it. Apps in /data are user-installed and are therefore removable. There are apps you can get that let you move apps into/out of /system (provided you're rooted, of course).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, bloatware, nexus, remove, safe
Previous Thread Next Thread