FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[how to] More volume steps & Smooth scroll for stock 4.4.2

EnricoD
19th January 2014, 05:56 PM |#1  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HOW-TO:
Last edited by EnricoD; 3rd April 2015 at 04:07 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]

EnricoD
19th January 2014, 05:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
... reserved ...
Last edited by EnricoD; 21st January 2014 at 08:41 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 06:52 PM |#3  
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Will try these than you.

Whatchu talking bout willis!
4th September 2014, 08:11 PM |#4  
Flag Vratsa
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Guys, this appears to work very well on my Nexus 5 running SlimKat 7.8. I had some trouble, but when I finally managed to edit the files and swap out the framework.jar file, scrolling is out of this world!!! No more slow facebook scrolling, or laggy gallery scrolling. It is so good, that I am wondering - are there any drawbacks??? If not, why aren't all ROMs doing this by default. It's just great!!!
p.s. to the OP - Don't reference lines in the code!!! Lines in my file were different (for example your line828 to edit, on my framework was line850). Watch out for this guys! Just look at what you change, don't look at the line number! (e.g. not line828, but rather look for "setScrollingCacheEnabled(Z)V")
Last edited by granets; 4th September 2014 at 08:14 PM.
5th September 2014, 09:19 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by granets

Guys, this appears to work very well on my Nexus 5 running SlimKat 7.8. I had some trouble, but when I finally managed to edit the files and swap out the framework.jar file, scrolling is out of this world!!! No more slow facebook scrolling, or laggy gallery scrolling. It is so good, that I am wondering - are there any drawbacks??? If not, why aren't all ROMs doing this by default. It's just great!!!
p.s. to the OP - Don't reference lines in the code!!! Lines in my file were different (for example your line828 to edit, on my framework was line850). Watch out for this guys! Just look at what you change, don't look at the line number! (e.g. not line828, but rather look for "setScrollingCacheEnabled(Z)V")

Lines are referenced because the thread is named "stock".

You might feel its a little worse if you scroll one line at a time but flings should be smoother. Personally I feel no difference.

ふかつどう
13th September 2014, 02:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I did everything as instructed for scroll mod. Apps didn't load. Nexus 5 SlimKat 7.9
any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread