Boot Box (v2.7) - Open BETA update released
Open BETA testing stage. Expect bugs.
[July 1] Changelog (v2.7)
- New! Create a flashable zip backup of your currently installed boot animation.
- If you're running a CM-based ROM, you may have trouble with backups.
- New! Pre-load GIF previews - this improves the quality and speed of the preview, by far.
- New! Polished UI and new app icon.
- Updated Scrambler. The randomizer now works better with no simultaneous choices.
- New! View animations for all resolutions under one list (lots of duplicates, for now).
- Fixed bugs with the latest additions menu. Pending animations won't show unless specified under settings. Explicit animations won't show in this menu.
- Attempted to fix a bug where valid ZIP files are erroneously reported as invalid (please test)
- More boot animation list sorting methods!
- More tiny bug fixes and tweaks.
- Reminder: the Boot Box Factory is meant to create animations with up to 10 images.
Some features of the Boot Box App:
- Dynamic Database. Animations are fetched and updated dynamically from a database on the Boot Box server.
- Categories: show/hide certain animation categories
- Upload your boot animations directly from the Boot Box app. The built-in Boot Box Uploader creates the required resources for you, including the GIF Preview.
- Scrambler: allows you to play a different boot animation at every boot.
- Boot Box Factory: create your own boot animations straight from Boot Box! Creating a static animation will allow you to show your favorite picture on boot up. Creating a Slideshow animation will allow you to display multiple pictures on boot up, each for a set amount of time!
- Animations can be previewed via a YouTube video (if the uploader provides a link), via a GIF preview, or via a ZIP preview (the animation is downloaded and played in a simulated environment).
- Load up a local animation from your SD Card and preview it, install it, or create a GIF from it (thanks to XDA Developer D4rKn3sSyS).
- Flexible boot animation and cache locations for different devices.
Download Boot Box, Play Store Link (FREE):
G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...63140312269110
Boot Animations Collection
To add an animation download Boot Box and visit the Boot Box uploader, or post your animation here.
Nexus 5 branded additions to Boot Box and 1080x1920 animations will be posted here.
No Nexus 5 branded animations exist in Bb at this time.
Hexagonal Tunnel by Admiral Potato
GIF Preview (actual animation is stretched to fit):
Download this animation, and more, from Boot Box (Free, easy installation!):
or you can get it from here (not flashable! How-to install video by jgandroot).
Follow me on Google+ to receive updates