Mar 30, 2013
Cracow
xdaforums.com
Qualcomm_Snapdragon_logo.png

Qualcomm just released their new GPU binaries on developer site
https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/adreno-gpu-sdk/tools

New drivers are intended for latest Marshmallow MRA58
Release date: 09h of December​

This release contains a developer preview of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm Adreno 3xx/4xx GPU on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7 devices running Google Android Marshmallow. It has been tested with MRA58 factory image. This release is intended only for developers, and does not meet our customer release quality. Please refer to the included readme file for installation.​

Downloads:
Nexus 5 Click!
Nexus 6 Click!
Nexus 7 Click!

Zips are identical to Quallcomm's website and should work on any 6.0 ROM.​

Instalation:
Go to recovery and flash zip.​
Possible benefits?
Small increase of overall performance.
Changelog?
There is no actual changelog of those drivers on Quallcomm's website.

Last edited:

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Hi. Pardon my ignorance but what exactly will these help in? I have a rooted N5 on mra58k with latest twrp.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

savantist

Jan 2, 2012
Jakarta
about.me
sorry for asking, but, it says on Qualcomm page:

"This release contains a developer preview of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm Adreno 3xx/4xx GPU on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7 devices running Google Android Marshmallow. It has been tested with MRA58K factory image. This release is intended only for developers, and does not meet our customer release quality."

is it really safe to flash it and not having weird/buggy driver? :D

EDIT:
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/gpu-drivers-nexus-5-compatible-android-t2629123
4.4.2 has it before.

Last edited:

h20ray

sorry for asking, but, it says on Qualcomm page:

"This release contains a developer preview of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm Adreno 3xx/4xx GPU on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7 devices running Google Android Marshmallow. It has been tested with MRA58K factory image. This release is intended only for developers, and does not meet our customer release quality."

is it really safe to flash it and not having weird/buggy driver? :D

lets try om. will try on my N6.
lel

Reactions: nick491

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Would be helpful if anyone can mention the benefits of updating the drivers. Is it only for Gaming/Graphics or anything else.

Well Qualcomm updated their gpu drivers because they fixed (possibly really small) bugs and got better performance/less battery consumption with those new drivers. It doesn't mean end user will benefit from it in a noticeable way, but having the latest code doesn't hurt. Is it worth the hassle, i don't know (I'm not going to update), but if you are looking for bleeding edge development, backup and try it out. If anything goes wrong you can always go back. Don't expect to much from it though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a fun new way I just whipped up for stock ROM users to play around with these and still keep OTAs in working order. ;)

Basically it's a frontend, so put the Adreno-Nexus*.zip package from Qualcomm in the same directory as my zip (also works from /sdcard), then flash my zip instead. It'll do the rest, including resizing systemless SuperSU's su.img so that it can hold the updated drivers, and pushing the su.d script to bind mount all the new drivers on-the-fly during boot. :cowboy:

Adreno Archive: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=312875

To disable temporarily you can change /su/su.d/000adrenomount from chmod 755 to 644 and reboot; to uninstall simply delete /su/vendor and /su/su.d/000adrenomount and reboot. You can either do this while booted, or from recovery if you use my SUmount script, in the linked thread below.

P.S. If you found this handy then please check out my Odds and Ends thread for more flashable goodness. :D

I also suggest you subscribe to my Odds and Ends thread for notifications of updates to this package, since I don't always make a new post here about every revision.

My development work on my many projects comes out of my free time, so if you enjoy this project or anything else I've done on xda, please consider sponsoring my ongoing work using my GitHub Sponsors profile. For a one-time donation you can hit the donate link from my profile. Thank you for your support!

Changelog:

Edit (07/22/2016): Add dynamic su.img free space checking and expansion.
    Edit (11/10/2016): Add /su mount script improvement from Chainfire.
    Edit (02/27/2017): Add basic Magisk support added (installs to /magisk/adreno-dev/system/vendor).
    Edit (08/01/2017): Improve Magisk support greatly, allowing install via Manager, and installs via Module Repo now also check /sdcard for the Adreno zip.
    Edit (08/11/2017): Reupload with a couple more fixes for Magisk installs.
    Edit (08/26/2017): Add SBIN SuperSU support.
    Edit (10/22/2017): Magisk install fixes.
    Edit (02/05/2018): Update Magisk support for v15+.
    Edit (02/25/2018): Improve cleanup and fix subsequent installations with Magisk Manager.
    Edit (03/27/2018): Mount, cleanup, and Magisk install improvements.
    Edit (05/05/2018): Update Magisk support for v16.4+.
    Edit (08/13/2018): Improve system-as-root, and Magisk Manager installs.
    Edit (03/10/2019): Support new Magisk v18.0, v18.1 and v18.2+ paths in installer and scripts.
    Edit (03/28/2019): Support new Magisk v19.0 enforced installer template.
    Edit (05/01/2019): Fix false positive Magisk detection when flashed from booted Android apps (like Franco Kernel Manager).
    Edit (02/17/2020): Fix mknod loop mount on newer devices (thanks @Zackptg5)
    Edit (04/22/2020): Update for new Magisk module guideline, and switch to combined backend for all my mods.
    Edit (06/14/2020): Fix false positive detecting a system install on non-Magisk.
    Edit (12/21/2020): Installer backend updates.
    Edit (02/05/2021): Clean up old code, installer backend updates for Magisk 21402+.
    Edit (04/28/2021): Installer backend updates for latest Android and Magisk.
    Edit (03/19/2022): Add new Magisk auto-update support.
    Edit (11/13/2022): Installer backend updates for latest Android.
    Edit (05/24/2023): Installer backend updates for latest Android and Magisk.
    Edit (05/26/2023): Installer backend updates for latest Android.
    Previous download counts: 370; 376; 728; 78; 62; 286; 616; 176; 150; 254; 536; 922; 68; 110; 1144; 324; 246; 213; 82; 132; 330; 368; 300; 16.
    Qualcomm_Snapdragon_logo.png

Qualcomm just released their new GPU binaries on developer site
    https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/adreno-gpu-sdk/tools

New drivers are intended for latest Marshmallow MRA58
    Release date: 09h of December​

This release contains a developer preview of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm Adreno 3xx/4xx GPU on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7 devices running Google Android Marshmallow. It has been tested with MRA58 factory image. This release is intended only for developers, and does not meet our customer release quality. Please refer to the included readme file for installation.​

Downloads:
    Nexus 5 Click!
    Nexus 6 Click!
    Nexus 7 Click!

Zips are identical to Quallcomm's website and should work on any 6.0 ROM.​

Instalation:
    Go to recovery and flash zip.​
    Possible benefits?
    Small increase of overall performance.
    Changelog?
    There is no actual changelog of those drivers on Quallcomm's website.
    Would be helpful if anyone can mention the benefits of updating the drivers. Is it only for Gaming/Graphics or anything else.