FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Theme][CM 12.x][RRO Layer][Lollipop] Material Glass

2,419 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,322

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Let your wallpaper shine beneath material darkness!

I proudly present to you my first cm based system theme! As I'm still only getting into things, there may be lots of issues that need fixing. Also note that Cyanogenmod has only just merged the theme code, and will need to undergo significant changes before everything is as theme friendly as lollipop. Theme choosers are more restricted than regular zips/vrthemes, so please bear with me as I figure things out.

Themed Components
  • Updated list in the app UI

---SYSTEM---
  • Framework-res
  • SystemUI
  • Settings
  • Cell Broadcast Receiver
  • Documents UI
  • Face Lock
  • Phone
  • Telecom
  • CyanogenMod Account
  • CyanogenMod Music Player (Eleven)
  • Cyanogenmod Lock Clock
  • Cyanogenmod Setup Wizard
  • Cyanogenmod Trebuchet
  • Cyanogenmod Updater
  • Cyanogenmod Theme Chooser
  • Euphoria OTA

---AOSP---
  • Calculator
  • Contacts
  • Desk Clock
  • Dialer
  • AOSP Keyboard
  • Launcher 3
  • MMS

---GOOGLE---
  • Google + (in xda version)
  • Gmail
  • Google Search
  • Google Now
  • Youtube (bug fix only)
  • Google Keyboard
  • Google Handwriting

---USER---
  • K9-Mail
  • Notification Manager (xposed)
  • SnapPref (xposed)
  • Snapchat (light touches)
  • Nova Launcher
  • Xposed
  • Hells Core Kernel Updater
  • Switchr
  • Ebay (notification fix)
  • Adobe Acrobat (in xda version)
  • ModernHub (in xda version)

What are you waiting for? Download now!

Free Version - auto updates on the play store; generally stable with the core components themed
XDA Version (no mirrors please) - beta apk's containing the bleeding edge of glass darkness
I have decided not to do a pro version anymore. All stable additions will be added to the free version. You'll have the option to donate via the app or via paypal though.

Bug Reports

As the theme chooser is still in alpha, there are lots of issues, pertaining to both the theme itself and the apps it modifies. As such, bug reports will be quite necessary for development.

Before submitting one, please take a look at the FAQ and bug/issues sections in the app itself. Then, send me an email from the app (where the system info will be added automatically), as well as any screenshots/logs that might help. I will try to resolve the issues as quickly as I can.

Screenshots

Want more clearness?

Check out
Google + Beta:

Want to help test out the beta builds? They are essentially the play store builds that are released to a small audience before being sent to public production. Opt in to beta from this community.

Credits:

@djdarkknight96 for always helping me and tirelessly answering literally every single question I've had about theming.

XDA:DevDB Information
Material Glass, Theme for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
asdfasdfvful
Source Code: https://github.com/asdfasdfvful/Material-Glass

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.0+
Stable Release Date: 2015-05-14
Current Beta Version: 0.0.1
Beta Release Date: 2015-01-16

Created 2015-01-17
Last Updated 2015-07-03
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-54-44.jpg
Views:	26924
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	3130663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-54-37.jpg
Views:	26812
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	3130664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-21-22-26-26.jpg
Views:	26434
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	3130665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-21-22-26-43.jpg
Views:	25798
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	3130666  
Last edited by asdfasdfvful; 17th January 2015 at 04:59 AM.
The Following 142 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th January 2015, 04:48 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Themer
Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
To the Themers

Yes, I am currently open sourced, as you can see from the OP. However, this DOES NOT mean you can simply copy parts of my theme and add it freely to yours. I am choosing to open up hundreds of hours of work so that users can learn and perhaps expand on it; I expect other themes to still be from their own work, and for other users to not take my work as an easy way through. With that said, I recommend you fork from the official cm theme template and build from there. Check the comprehensive read me, join the google + community, and keep trying! I am a beginner just like the rest of you, and I'm sure we'll all be spending up to hundreds of hours in creating something appealing.
Last edited by asdfasdfvful; 9th May 2015 at 04:04 AM.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 04:48 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Themer
Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Material Glass Boot Animation

This is not a flashable zip; move it manually and rename it to "bootanimation.zip". If you don't know how to do this, then don't use it please (just use the cm theme and apply it through there).

v1
Last edited by asdfasdfvful; 19th February 2015 at 06:55 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 05:09 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Thanks man, I'll try when Euphoria obtain Theme Engine 😀
17th January 2015, 05:11 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx
Thanks Meter: 2,487

Donate to Me
More
I was looking for a theme to test on my new Screw'd build w/ Theme Engine. Works great!!
17th January 2015, 05:38 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Themer
Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
Thanks! As system apps are not completely in my control, I might go ahead and theme some user apps first. Hopefully Tapatalk will be clear in the next update

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 06:55 AM |#7  
@asdfasdfvful maybe you can give @_moelle some pointers on making his darkness mod for Blisspop into a theme?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheKnux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 07:02 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Themer
Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
He can pm me if necessary. Making the theme and the zip are almost the same thing, except you have more restrictions on the theme chooser

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 07:08 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

He can pm me if necessary. Making the theme and the zip are almost the same thing, except you have more restrictions on the theme chooser

Well he definitely has the mod down, it's just every time a new nightly is released, he has to go in and change things to get it to work until the next nightly. If he can just make it a theme, he wouldn't have to worry about changing it every time a new version of the rom is released.
17th January 2015, 07:23 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Themer
Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux

Well he definitely has the mod down, it's just every time a new nightly is released, he has to go in and change things to get it to work until the next nightly. If he can just make it a theme, he wouldn't have to worry about changing it every time a new version of the rom is released.

I understand. Please note that the roms are still not fully compatible with theme choosers. All the hex needs to be moved out of Java and layouts before we can fully theme it. As such, things like the settings app can't be changed. Creating the app is almost the same as making the zip, which is why I'm asking the other themer to pm me if he has issues. But as of now, our main concern is pushing commits to get the ability to theme and to just wait for it all to clear up

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 08:46 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Themer
Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
Next build won't be in a while. Theme engine is still in its early stages so adding anything else causes the system to crash. I'll keep you guys updated

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread