FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][CM12.1 AND BASED ROMS]WebViewGoogle for CM Roms

13th April 2015, 11:33 PM |#1  
opssemnik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 892
 
More
WARNING: INSTALL GOOGLE´S ANDROID SYSTEM WEBVIEW FROM THE PLAYSTORE / GAPPS FIRST
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.webview
Do you wan´t to use google´s updatable webview on a cm rom?
well too bad, even if you install and disable the built in webview, the system still dosen´t uses it, so what can we do?
modify a config in the framework called
"config_webViewPackageName" from com.android.webview to com.google.android.webview
you can do this via xposed with http://repo.xposed.info/module/net.typeblog.webview
however xposed for 5.1 is glitchy and will break a lot of optimizations if you are running a based cm run that has those.
so the solution? well flash the zip below, its a modified framework from cm12-13/04/2015 (DD/MM/YY btw)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...S2s&authuser=0
Instructions:
Download zip from the link provided
Flash via recovery
??
profit
 
 
13th April 2015, 11:34 PM |#2  
opssemnik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 892
 
More
this is mine
BTW: I didn´t test on any other device, altought i dont think it will work since our framework contains some hammerhead-specific values
13th April 2015, 11:39 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you lord! I was searching for this for so long. This is going to be awesome to me!!


Best Regards,


Jairo.
18th April 2015, 09:15 AM |#4  
fr3quency's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kalamata/Patra
Thanks Meter: 660
 
More
May I ask how you did it? I decompiled framework-res.apk in Chroma ROM and then I navigated to "\framework-res\res\values" but I didn't find a config.xml file. Isn't this where the modification is done? Am I doing something wrong? @opssemnik
18th April 2015, 12:16 PM |#5  
opssemnik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 892
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

May I ask how you did it? I decompiled framework-res.apk in Chroma ROM and then I navigated to "\framework-res\res\values" but I didn't find a config.xml file. Isn't this where the modification is done? Am I doing something wrong? @opssemnik

its /res/values/strings.xml
The Following User Says Thank You to opssemnik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2015, 12:24 PM |#6  
fr3quency's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kalamata/Patra
Thanks Meter: 660
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

its /res/values/strings.xml

I found it after decompiling your framework-res.apk and searching from Windows Explorer.

I went into strings.xml and replaced "com.android.webview" with "come.google.android.webview". Then I recompiled and pushed the new framework-res.apk to /system/frameworks(I had some translation errors but it was first time seeing who things). Anyway, the system doesn't boot at all and shows only the bootanimation for 15+ minutes. Could you help me?

I downoaded this folder: http://www.droidviews.com/tutorial-h...lie-apk-files/ and replaced the apktool inside of it with this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2812

I installed the framework via "apktool if framework-res.apk" just in case.
18th April 2015, 01:16 PM |#7  
opssemnik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 892
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

I found it after decompiling your framework-res.apk and searching from Windows Explorer.

I went into strings.xml and replaced "com.android.webview" with "come.google.android.webview". Then I recompiled and pushed the new framework-res.apk to /system/frameworks(I had some translation errors but it was first time seeing who things). Anyway, the system doesn't boot at all and shows only the bootanimation for 15+ minutes. Could you help me?

I downoaded this folder: http://www.droidviews.com/tutorial-h...lie-apk-files/ and replaced the apktool inside of it with this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2812

I installed the framework via "apktool if framework-res.apk" just in case.

after you recompile it, you must put the META-INF folder from the original apk into your new APK,then push it to system/framework and set its permissions to 644 (rw-r-r)
The Following User Says Thank You to opssemnik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2015, 01:53 PM |#8  
fr3quency's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kalamata/Patra
Thanks Meter: 660
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

after you recompile it, you must put the META-INF folder from the original apk into your new APK,then push it to system/framework and set its permissions to 644 (rw-r-r)

It still doesn't boot and stays at bootanimation. I decompiled and recompiled the .apk again and using WinRar i copied the META-INF folder from the original .apk to the new one. Then I rebooted into recovery and typed these commands:

Code:
adb shell
cd system/framework
rm framework-res.apk
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework (This is the recompiled apk with the META-INF folder)
adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb reboot
Edit: I didn't install Google WebView this time.
Last edited by fr3quency; 18th April 2015 at 02:24 PM.
18th April 2015, 07:02 PM |#9  
opssemnik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 892
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

It still doesn't boot and stays at bootanimation. I decompiled and recompiled the .apk again and using WinRar i copied the META-INF folder from the original .apk to the new one. Then I rebooted into recovery and typed these commands:

Code:
adb shell
cd system/framework
rm framework-res.apk
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework (This is the recompiled apk with the META-INF folder)
adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb reboot
Edit: I didn't install Google WebView this time.

install it from the playstore before doing this, also are you lastest snapshot apktool ? (its newer than rc4)
18th April 2015, 07:29 PM |#10  
fr3quency's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kalamata/Patra
Thanks Meter: 660
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

install it from the playstore before doing this, also are you lastest snapshot apktool ? (its newer than rc4)

The apktool I used is newer... I think; it was posted at a later date, thus newer. Could you upload your folder with your apktool that you used if you have enough bandwidth?


Edit: I installed it from the Play Store and pushed the .apk. Is there a way to see if it used Google or AOSP webview?
Last edited by fr3quency; 18th April 2015 at 07:51 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes