FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[App] Swipe Navigation

28th December 2014, 12:35 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 1,238

More
Swipe Navigation is a light root app that replaces your on screen navigation buttons with swipe gestures
Swipe Navigation was built for rooted devices but many actions will still work without root

Swipe Navigation is like pie controls but without any UI elements and is faster and easier to navigate with up to 10 supported gestures plus a dock with unlimited actions

Download: Google Play

Gestures
 • Left Swipe
 • Center Swipe
 • Right Swipe
 • Left Edge Swipe
 • Right Edge Swipe
 • Two Finger Left Swipe
 • Two Finger Right Swipe
 • Two Finger Split Swipe
 • Three Finger Swipe
 • Four Finger Swipe

Last edited by Splder; 9th March 2015 at 03:25 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Splder For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th December 2014, 07:04 PM |#2  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Great app, I really love it!

Working excelent in xTraSmooth.
2nd January 2015, 03:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Update 1.0.2

root is no longer asked during boot but its now only asked when needed by doing this you no longer need to select enable su during boot in superSU
4th January 2015, 10:12 AM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 177

More
I understand you want people to buy the full version but there seems to be no indication of what the default settings are and no way to find out so Im just swiping randomly to see what happens. Good luck 👍

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

There should also be some sort of visual demonstration of where to swipe on screen before leaving your app menu. On my tablet in landscape swipes are working but in portrait I can't seem to swipe anywhere?
4th January 2015, 06:23 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlutz

I understand you want people to buy the full version but there seems to be no indication of what the default settings are and no way to find out so Im just swiping randomly to see what happens. Good luck 👍

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

There should also be some sort of visual demonstration of where to swipe on screen before leaving your app menu. On my tablet in landscape swipes are working but in portrait I can't seem to swipe anywhere?

:P ill be adding help and demonstrations into the next update

for now ill tell you what the default settings are
left edge swipe up = search
left swipe up = back
center swipe up = home
right swipe up = recents
right edge swipe up = menu
two finger swipe up = none
three finger swipe up = none
four finger swipe up = none

in portrait gestures should be from the bottom
in landscape gestures should be on the right

i don't own a tablet so i have not had the chance to test on a tablet
does your tablet have a status bar at the bottom that could conflict with the gestures ill add a option so you can pick what side you want the gestures to be on
4th January 2015, 10:16 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Update 1.0.3
  • Added help
  • Added alpha settings
  • Added option to swipe from right side
  • Bug fixes
5th January 2015, 05:57 AM |#7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up Awesome
Was using GMD gesture control for years since 4.0 and it is currently not supported in 5.0.....this app made my day.....though i was also using 'All in one gesture' app recently.....i find this simple and easy as its pre configured. Keep it up....will buy the paid version once more gestures are added. thanks
5th January 2015, 10:09 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.alapati

Was using GMD gesture control for years since 4.0 and it is currently not supported in 5.0.....this app made my day.....though i was also using 'All in one gesture' app recently.....i find this simple and easy as its pre configured. Keep it up....will buy the paid version once more gestures are added. thanks

İ also was using all in one gestures but could not have it 100% how i wanted it to be so i made my own

I was not thinking about adding any more gestures i did not want to take more then 1 edge of the screen i could add somthing like L shape gestures but the only way i can think of implementing that will put a delay on normal gestures and i want the gestures to be as fast and responsive as posible maybe i could add angle swipes but i did not want to make it to complex i also was thiniking about a swipeing dock maybe i will implement that but im not 100% sure yet im trying to keep it light but now that im thinking about it a dock could be sexy
5th January 2015, 10:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Nice app
5th January 2015, 12:06 PM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Thanks for the response and that was me on google play store

My tablet has a navigation bar but as soon as I get the gestures set up I will be removing the nav bar as it's pretty annoying on a large tablet screen, having a huge line at the bottom of the screen for just 3 small buttons!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread