5,815,179 Members 38,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] White UI (Holo Blue Elimination) for PA, SaberDroid & Stock (will add more)

Tip us?

fergdizzle9090
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIME INC. View Post
Keep us posted if it works or not

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Works just fine and seems complete on 4.4.4 stock
The Following User Says Thank You to fergdizzle9090 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rpr69
Old
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koragg618 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm really sorry I haven't updated this in a while, but in the midst of Android L I kinda forgot about this. Also I had to get a new computer due to my old one having too many issues (not done by me ). Hopefully tomorrow I can update the stock and PA versions back to what they were before. The Saberdroid, Purity, and Omni versions will come as well in the week. Also I'm planning to expand to other devices but I'm not entirely sure yet; lets hope I can.

Once again, I'd like to apoligize for no content for a large amount of time. I feel like I disappointed you guys, but hopefully tomorrow update will make it up for you guys

Have a good one!
Any chance of an Android L version? Not loving the green/blue scheme too much...
The Following User Says Thank You to rpr69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Koragg618
Old
(Last edited by Koragg618; 17th July 2014 at 12:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 865
Enjoy! Updated PA to 4.43 (took long because I had to do some prerequisite installs)

Paranoid Android 4.43 (updated 16th July):
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr69 View Post
Any chance of an Android L version? Not loving the green/blue scheme too much...
Sorry man, I don't think I'm going to touch L at the preview state. Plus I doubt this mod will last into L because of Google moving in to different colours in all apps, but we'll wait and see

P.S. Stock Update coming tomorrow. Rest of the other ROMs will follow the days.
Devices: Nexus 5 (Main), T-Mobile Samsung S2 T989, LG Optimus One

The real reason we all cry:

"Sorry, you are limited to 8 thanks per day"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koragg618 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snak3ater
Old
(Last edited by snak3ater; 17th July 2014 at 11:55 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,898
Creating new theme for every other PA builds,isn't it better to just create a cm 11 theme Engine compatible theme.. Like installing an apk & enjoying this awesome work...
The Following User Says Thank You to snak3ater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ACastanza
Old
(Last edited by ACastanza; 18th July 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koragg618 View Post
Enjoy! Updated PA to 4.43 (took long because I had to do some prerequisite installs)

Paranoid Android 4.43 (updated 16th July):

Sorry man, I don't think I'm going to touch L at the preview state. Plus I doubt this mod will last into L because of Google moving in to different colours in all apps, but we'll wait and see

P.S. Stock Update coming tomorrow. Rest of the other ROMs will follow the days.
Fair enough, I just wish that there was some way to replace all the residual Holo blue with the new Material Design Teal or the Brighter Blue they're using in the dialer and some of the text fields, IMO it looks a lot better, but there are some places in the UI that Google just hasn't updated yet. Maybe consider it as a side project until Google gets their act together and cleans up the remainder of the UI?

It should be much more straightforward swapping the Blue for Teal (or the new brighter blue) than for White since you wouldn't have to worry about it vanishing into the background and stuff.

Koragg618
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by snak3ater View Post
Creating new theme for every other PA builds,isn't it better to just create a cm 11 theme Engine compatible theme.. Like installing an apk & enjoying this awesome work...
I have a strong urge to do that, but I feel I might be stealing the spotlight of other people who already made White UI themes, but I might make an APK for all the PA/CM11 users and make ZIPs for the rest of the ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACastanza View Post
Fair enough, I just wish that there was some way to replace all the residual Holo blue with the new Material Design Teal or the Brighter Blue they're using in the dialer and some of the text fields, IMO it looks a lot better, but there are some places in the UI that Google just hasn't updated yet. Maybe consider it as a side project until Google gets their act together and cleans up the remainder of the UI?

It should be much more straightforward swapping the Blue for Teal (or the new brighter blue) than for White since you wouldn't have to worry about it vanishing into the background and stuff.
I might look into the teal.. it does look pretty good but then I'm going to have to change all the white to black which I heard was a troublesome task; I'll see eventually :P
Devices: Nexus 5 (Main), T-Mobile Samsung S2 T989, LG Optimus One

The real reason we all cry:

"Sorry, you are limited to 8 thanks per day"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koragg618 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
hammerhead, kitkat ui, nexus 5, white ui, yoloswagfiller