Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Modded alternative to official Youtube app?

OP omgbuffguy

23rd February 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

267 posts
Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone here is using an alternate youtube app or a modded one? There were a couple I did try from xda but they dont work properly so I'm guessing not compatible with KitKat.

I was looking specifically for the feature to download the videos in HD (Trailers/Lectures) and obviously full HD playback.

Anyone?

EDIT: Oh and Tubemate does not work :/ parsing error...
23rd February 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 185

712 posts
Did you try og you tube?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 1,384

2,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
I found this a while back on here, can't seem to find it now though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/80ek7unab8...3.0_BETA-3.apk It piggybacks on the official YouTube and works through the share option. When you find a video you want to download, hit the three dot overflow button under the video. Share options come up, scroll to the bottom til you see YouTube donwloader. I've used this for a while and its worked through multiple app updates.
23rd February 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Austria
Thanks Meter: 17

117 posts
More
SuperTube
Check out SuperTube .... nice theme, you can choose the resolution, screen off playback & floating video window
Last edited by dianlb50; 24th February 2014 at 01:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dianlb50 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3,013

963 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442

I found this a while back on here, can't seem to find it now though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/80ek7unab8...3.0_BETA-3.apk It piggybacks on the official YouTube and works through the share option. When you find a video you want to download, hit the three dot overflow button under the video. Share options come up, scroll to the bottom til you see YouTube donwloader. I've used this for a while and its worked through multiple app updates.

Always the latest apk is available at: http://dentex.github.io/files/apk/la...downloader.apk

Blog link, stable and beta version's XDA thread in signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 34

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianlb50

Check out SuperTube .... nice theme, you can choose the resolution, screen off playback & floating video window

This used to be a great app, but it doesn't download the videos as the OP asked for, it's no longer in the Play Store, and some videos won't work with it (not just for me either, check the XDA thread). I'd advise against this app. Viral is a good alternative for a player that doesn't download, albeit not as good as SuperTube was.
Last edited by skttrbrain; 2nd July 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alternative, google, modded, youtube
Previous Thread Next Thread